Adding new Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anachron

Reaction score
Please add a new rule that you have to search before posting. I answered the same questions like 2,3 times a day. That is really bad. I hate members who register here ask their question (which was asked many times before) and they never log in again or spam with noob questions on WE Helper Forum. We should do something against that. The really problems will get hidden because of the spamming of noob questions!! Argh! :banghead: :mad:

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Business as usual.

Now, go get some cold drink. Relax. And stop trolling. Thank you.
And read all the other threads on exactly this subject... a search will find them :p

Anachron

Reaction score
Never noticed the members who disappear after posting their questions?
Or guys who logg in and never post something. Look at member list, list it for posts and go to the last sides.. :eek:

Members from 2971 to 7873 haveN't posted more than 7 posts! This is freaking! :O

Edit: Also I have searched^^

stubs101

Reaction score
And read all the other threads on exactly this subject... a search will find them :p

lol. Apparently he probably wouldn't have been able to make this thread if that rule applied.

>>No more than 7 posts! It's freaky!<<

Lol night of the living noobs! AGHGHGHGHGHGHGH!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
This wouldn't work out, because why would the new people here search at all? Some of them would. But not all of them.

My suggestion:

A F.A.Q.Topic

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Most of those people don't read the rules.

Make a topic called "Why Fish is made of cake." and lock and sticky it.

Let it sit for thesame amount of time as the rules have been there and compare the views.

When they see the word 'Rules' they skip it. Why? Becuase there rebels :rolleyes: .

FAQ?

Who is going to read that? whos going to skim that?

Most likely the people who don't ask those dumb questions.

Solution? Build a device to punch them over the internet.

Realistic Solution?

AceHart said:

QFT

---

Noobs will be noobs as they say.

also this has been posted meny times over and over in the forum for these questions.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> My suggestion:

A F.A.Q.Topic

Tried, and failed. Solution? Well, we try. But some people won't be coaxed into being responsible. And for those, we just roll our eyes, maybe give them a *stern* reminder, and send them on their way. All we can really do.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Noobs will be noobs as they say.
Nothing can be done. I believe they tried to inforce that rule awhile ago, but I don't use the WE anymore, so don't ask me. D:
Even though, it'll be almost impossible to fairly enforce. Too many topics that too different. It'll most likely be on the line for so many threads, that the poor moderators would be debating with all the members that had their thread closed.

Anachron

Reaction score
If this would be possible you could create a "Acceptment" where you first have to read that you first please have to search and then can create new topics you have to put a tick in a field and its big writte. I know it isn't the best but then they've all read it ( new guys ). :)

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Newbie wont know that there was a "Search" button around...that happens to me last time

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well maybe you have to make the search button more noticable...
Maybe make more colorful or flashing lol

But the best idea so far is

Aceheart said:

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Lol @ the post above :D.

I think the best deal would be to create a noticement page which would appear to the users that have less than x posts and they have to click "Proceed" or something to go to the posting page. I know it is difficult to implement in, but it would be a good addition.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
IMO. You should have the new users have a rules popup after they registered which won't allow access to the forums. Then make them have to type a code in a field below the rules to go and visit the forums. Then state that the code is in the rules. It will be more enforcing for them to read.

After that, you can somewhere in the rules that the code will blink once you do something like hover over a link. Then they will finally know the rules. :p

Really, people don't like reading rules, they just skip it and post.

And create a pop-up to display that the person should search before they post a thread. Ofcourse, they can easily exit it but it acts like a reminder.

That might cause less annoyance from mis-behaving n00bs.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
After that, you can somewhere in the rules that the code will blink once you do something like hover over a link. Then they will finally know the rules. :p

I wouldn't even bother registering and head straight to the next forum. :rolleyes:

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
IMO. You should have the new users have a rules popup after they registered which won't allow access to the forums. Then make them have to type a code in a field below the rules to go and visit the forums. Then state that the code is in the rules. It will be more enforcing for them to read.

And create a pop-up to display that the person should search before they post a thread. Ofcourse, they can easily exit it but it acts like a reminder.

That might cause less annoyance from mis-behaving n00bs.

That is really too much, as enouwee said, I would go to another forum.

Hey, why not make a bot that automatically answers the noob questions? :D

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Maybe make it more colorful or flashing lol

The best way

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.