Modelpack Aeon of Souls FX Package

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I'm not gonna take pics of all of them, only of those I like most. If you want to see these FX in action, I suggest you to try my map. It can be downloaded here.
I only submit the FX made by me. The first three pics are from my map ingame. It was taken in v1.05a.

Contains 7 models.
Credit me when using.

Screenshots order: ShiningLight_Effect.mdx (the big shiny light thingy.), BlueMeteor.mdx (it just crashed towards the ground there.) and PsychicShield_Effect.mdx.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Screen2N.JPG
    Screen2N.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 448
  • Screen1.JPG
    Screen1.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 358
  • Screen1N.JPG
    Screen1N.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 334
  • Aeon of Souls FX Package.zip
    21 KB · Views: 213

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you make these models yourself?

Edit: Skim reading sucks :D.
I'll test them out now. (Actually, could you post a Demo Map, with all the effects already imported?)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Flare said:
Why does the last one look so distorted? There's little bits missing from it all over the place :confused:

And the blue meteor is just a recoloured Inferno?

First one looks a bit... weird - looks kinda like a recoloured version of some model by JetFangInferno

It's meant to be missing pieces somewhere - it's a nova, so in the start of the FX it's all concentrated, and then it gets weaker and weaker.

Not really - the meteor model doesn't look anything like the Inferno meteor.

Wierd? Why? And it's a 'recolour', only that I removed and added some stuff with particles and stuff.

Ever heard about testing before commenting?

Romek said:
(Actually, could you post a Demo Map, with all the effects already imported?)

Why? Most of them uses ingame textures, so it takes ~40 seconds to import them and check them out.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it only takes 40 seconds, why don't you just do it yourself?
It'll save everyone else the 40 seconds. :rolleyes:

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
It's meant to be missing pieces somewhere - it's a nova, so in the start of the FX it's all concentrated, and then it gets weaker and weaker.
Weaker and weaker is very different something getting a bit peckish and take a bite out of the model. If the whole effect diminished at a fairly even rate, it'd be fine, but right now, those missing chunks do make the model quite ugly.

Ever heard about testing before commenting?
Ever heard of first impressions? Seemingly not...

Also, why aren't there any screenshots attached for the other 4 effects? Not everyone has the time has to open WE, import the models, and so on, so forth, just for the sake of seeing something which you should have already provided.

Why? Most of them uses ingame textures, so it takes ~40 seconds to import them and check them out.
Agreed, that'd be great, although I'd still like at least one screenshot for each model

EDIT: Turns out I can't even load the meteor model in War3 Model Editor - Unable to load "Textures\BlueInfernal.blp"...

Checked them out in Model Editor (except the one that won't load...), and they seem like nothing more than simple recolours. The exceptions being the Poison Burst, but that's because I can't think of the source model (I know I've seen a similar model in some map, but let's just assume that it was a modification of an existing model) and that blue thing in the Arcane guy's subfolder, which looks like a mix and match of models

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> Weaker and weaker is very different something getting a bit peckish and take a bite out of the model. If the whole effect diminished at a fairly even rate, it'd be fine, but right now, those missing chunks do make the model quite ugly.

It doesn't look like it's missing bits in the game, trust me. And WC3 Model Editor doesn't load some things in it, so I suggest you to try them ingame.

> Also, why aren't there any screenshots attached for the other 4 effects? Not everyone has the time has to open WE, import the models, and so on, so forth, just for the sake of seeing something which you should have already provided.

Because I'm lazy. I'll do it later.

> Agreed, that'd be great, although I'd still like at least one screenshot for each model

^

> EDIT: Turns out I can't even load the meteor model in War3 Model Editor - Unable to load "Textures\BlueInfernal.blp"...

You'll have to put the BlueInfernal.blp file into a folder named Textures in order to view it there.

> Checked them out in Model Editor (except the one that won't load...), and they seem like nothing more than simple recolours. The exceptions being the Poison Burst, but that's because I can't think of the source model (I know I've seen a similar model in some map, but let's just assume that it was a modification of an existing model) and that blue thing in the Arcane guy's subfolder, which looks like a mix and match of models

They aren't recolours. For example the ShiningLight_Effect.mdx I took one of JFI's models, deleted everything, and started from scratch with nothing but the geoset and materials. I pretty much did that with every model, even though it doesn't look like it.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Why do you bump this thread when you have done nothing of the said things in order to improve it even a little?

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
So you want more feedback before making it easier for people to give you feedback? I'm sorry if I'm the only one who don't find this logical at all...

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Okay, I'll be updating this as soon as I can. Which is not now. :)

Please don't ask why I post this, just wanted to tell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.