Air Mines

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Wondering, For my map which i have being working for sometime i have created an "Air Mine" ability from the base spell "Goblin Land Mine".

But the problem is that it cannot hit air units. Rather, it does not react to any air units which went pass it. I have set under the "Mine" ability's "Target Allowed = Air, Enemy" but still it does not do any effect.

Can this problem be solved and also if cant, any other alternatives for it.

Maybe a simple triggered spell if you can suggest. But best if its rather not too messy and heavy. As i have a problem trying to reduce the lag in my map already. Thanks. :D

T

Tamosheik

You might try this:

EVENT
Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of UAV 0015 <gen>
ACTION
Unit - Cause AIRMINE <gen> to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of AIRMINE <gen>), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Demolition

Problem with this trigger is you would have to know exactly which units are going to have the ability, and so wouldn't work on-the fly.

hellblazer-1

Reaction score
You might try this:

EVENT
Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of UAV 0015 <gen>
ACTION
Unit - Cause AIRMINE <gen> to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of AIRMINE <gen>), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Demolition

Problem with this trigger is you would have to know exactly which units are going to have the ability, and so wouldn't work on-the fly.

That is a good idea, but this would only cause that particular mine to explode when an enemy air unit came near it.

Try --------

EVENT
Unit - a unit comes within 256.00 of last created unit

then make a trigger saying that the last created unit = the airmine made with the ability. ( I think)

Good luck:D :D :D anyways

Somatic

Reaction score
To be exact i forget to mention, this is a summoned Mine, aka Summoned by a unit. Thus its impossible to be using preset vars.

T

Tamosheik

Will there be a maximum number of mines able to be placed by a given player?

Somatic

Reaction score
No, no limit as there is only 1 unit of such avabliar to each player, and the cool down for the spell to resummon again is abit long such that it will not be an over abuse. (imagine you send air units just to be sucided against mines.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.