All random help

tachiKC

Reaction score
I used Ryokos hero tavern tutorial as a guide ;)

Anyways, it works fine except that when I type -ar multiple heroes appear of the same type, and I dont want that. :banghead:
Code:
All Random Action
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing
                    Then - Actions
                        Player - Add -250 to (Player((Integer A))) Current gold
                        Set Total_Heroes = 24
                        Set Random_Count = 24
                        Set Random_Hero = (Random integer number between 1 and Random_Count)
                        Unit - Create 1 Hero_Array[Random_Data[Random_Hero]] for (Player((Integer A))) at ((Player((Integer A))) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
                        Set Random_Data[Random_Hero] = Random_Data[Total_Heroes]
                        Set Random_Hero = (Random_Hero - 1)
                        Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Last created unit)) to ((Owner of (Last created unit)) start location) over 1.00 seconds
                        Selection - Select (Last created unit) for (Owner of (Last created unit))
                    Else - Actions
        Custom script:   call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() )
I checked his tutorial and the same thing happens. I want it so that when the host types -ar, only 1 hero of any type will appear, so that there are 12 DIFFERENT heroes when all is said and done.

(btw, I have another trigger that runs this one when I type -ar, so dont worry about no event)

Thanks for your help!

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Create a temp_Array and put the randonly generated integer in it. When you create the hero check it against all array indexes, if it is equal then do not create the hero. Try again. :)

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Also, if you're testing the map with the "Test Map" button, go to:
File -> Preferences -> Test Map -> Uncheck "Use Fixed Random Seed"

This will make the WE generate a truly random number, otherwise it's be the same always, but only if you use the Test Map button ... not if you've tested it on b.net and it still didn't work, then i don't know :S

Sneakster

Reaction score
When you define the variable random hero, you don't reset the variable to a new random value. You pick a random hero, but then give the same randomed hero to all players...

tachiKC

Reaction score
@ Tyrulan: Thanks, I will try that out. I assume temp_array is an integer variable, and that you set the temp_array to another one of my variables, Im guessing the Hero_Array variable? Sorry I am still only okay with variables, and dont know the more advanced techniques yet.

@ Komagtion: I already knew about fixed random seed (thanks though).

@ Sneakster: It is random, but every once and awhile 2-3 of a single type of hero will appear, sometimes 2-3 on a single side, sometimes 1 on either side, what I want is for that to NOT happen.

Thanks for your help and replies. Sorry my reply took so long, school/work :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.