Ambition

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Hi Hi.

Alright I've got a wittle problem and I thought I'd go back to random forums for an answer. To put it frankly: Ambition, how and where do you get it? All my life I've had no desire to put any work into anything. Things such as Photoshop and World Editor I never put enough work to get anywhere because I had no ambition. No fuel to go anywhere but nowhere. My lack of fuel doesn't pertain to computer related topics, it spreads to all aspects of life. I ask you simply again, how did you acquire it?

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Desire for the effect; love for the process; want of the reward.. ambition has a source. If there is no joy or reward gained from something, ambition is not possible.

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
Ambition isnt just something you can just teach yourself. Ambition comes from wanting something, and extends from that.

You want ambition? First outline what your ambitious for? What do you REALLY want? Where do you REALLY want to be? What do you REALLY want to make of your life? When you can answer one of those, then think of some steps to get to that point.

When you know something you want and how to get it, being willing to work towards your goal is ambition. If you are not willing to do that, then I guess you don't really want whatever you want.

Most peoples problem's are that they only see the here and now. You'd rather play video games, or watch TV. If you can overcome that, you can pursue goals. That that starts bitter, ends sweet. And that that starts sweet, ends bitter.

My only advice, ambition will never be given. It can only be earned. Stop treating it like a product.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
First off man, your advice was to find a goal. Your ending line just contradicted everything you said in the rest of your post, by starting off telling me ambition is the product of desire then saying it isn't a product of anything at all. Or maybe you are just using your definitions in a more localized manor then they are really intended for saying products are only acquired materialistic items. I don't know, and I really don't know why I'm nitpicking vocabulary. Anyways, find a goal. Easier said then done but it must be done eventually I guess. I guess my first goal will be to find out what I want my goal to be. Huh. Fantastic. I've gone from nowhere to nowhere again. Inner guidance is a bitch.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Ambition is something you either have (i.e. you were born with) or you don't.
Now according to the first post, you are actually misusing the term. "Ambition" is the desire for power and fame. What you're referring to sounds more like lack of interest.
You can't exactly force yourself to be interested in something. You could try pointing out the pros and cons of it and thus change your mind, but in most cases it's a good idea to simply give up and seek something that you're more interested in.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
:) You described it quite well and for some reason flatout making me look foolish put the biggest smile on my face that I've had in a long time. So I'm pretty much hopeless it seems. Oh well, maybe something will come up to change my mind.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Ambition is something you either have (i.e. you were born with) or you don't.
Now according to the first post, you are actually misusing the term. "Ambition" is the desire for power and fame. What you're referring to sounds more like lack of interest.

Ambition is used to illustrate a passionate desire to finish a certain goal or to have a certain aim. An ambitious lad isn't a boy who is merely interested in whatever he finds fascinating, he is also passionate about his craft, profession, or hobby. For example, Naruto is ambitious to become the next Hokage (I'm trying to humor the forum's interest here). Or, that kid is an ambitious football player.

Ambition is also considered to be sinful. It leads men into blind pride and self-dependence. Are you ready to take up such a pitiful trait?

You can't exactly force yourself to be interested in something. You could try pointing out the pros and cons of it and thus change your mind, but in most cases it's a good idea to simply give up and seek something that you're more interested in.

I agree with this part though. But I'd also like to say my part as well.

Ambition, the worn out word, is a willingness to strive for achievement. Ambition is self-discipline. If I didn't sit down to write, I'd never write. This is the imagery I use to remind myself that I must do everything by myself for myself and only for myself. Everything is up to me. No one is going to give me ambition, or some how magically inspire me to write the next great American novel. Those who claim that ambition is unobtainable are men with no backbones.

I repeat; are you ready to take up such a pitiful trait?

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Hah, I already have more pitiful things to worry about then growing a backbone. Some blindness wouldn't be too bad, having some intent or focus. Or do I just have a greener grass thing going on here. :nuts:

I ask you this, when did you finalize your dream to become the next great American author? Maybe it was something you were born with. An subtle feeling burrowing under your skin. Maybe you never actually knew you wanted to be an author but used it as an outsource for a different dream. Such as a dream of fame or importance. If so would you consider ambition a collage of goals packed into one life or a straight forward path.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I ask you this, when did you finalize your dream to become the next great American author? Maybe it was something you were born with. An subtle feeling burrowing under your skin. Maybe you never actually knew you wanted to be an author but used it as an outsource for a different dream. Such as a dream of fame or importance. If so would you consider ambition a collage of goals packed into one life or a straight forward path.

When I was a younger child, I wrote stories despite the fact I could not read well or write well. I forced people to read them, and any input they gave me was satisfying. I love stories, and when I recognized my passion for stories, I began writing seriously. Now, I try to write as much as a can, and it's still not enough.

I like to use the word aspiration instead of ambition. It's just a thought.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.