Another order ID question

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
Sorry, but I really haven't got into my thick skull how this works :p

What I have:
A unit with at least 8 abilities all based off Channel.
As far as I know, I need to set diffrent order ID's on all of them to get them to work from the same unit.

What I've tried:
I've tried using only "channel" as order ID; didn't work (not really a surprise, but still).
I've also tried putting diffrent ID's on all of them, but many of those weren't "instant-no-target" abilities like the actual ability.

Do I have to find eight sparate instant-abilities to base the ID's on, (if there even are that many), or is there maybe a workaround?

Thanks in avance :)

k0sA

Reaction score
Yes, you have to find so many different. Buuut, your hero cant have more than 5 anyway? So if you make the abilities for each hero you can use the same order id on multiple spells ;)

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
They IDs must all be different. It is irrelevant what the ID is, it just cannot match another channel ID. They don't need to be instant-case IDs on channel.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
there will be 8 instant cast abilitys of course but you havent got to use them. you can use whatever you want.

Advena

Reaction score
The unit is a hero, but the abilities are "normal" ones, so I can have more than five of 'em.
And there are only one type of hero anyway, since it's basically a building.

And well.. I tried using diffrent ID's without bothering if they were instants like you say. And that didn't work at all. I clicked the ability and the green border of activating came, but then nothing happened.

Thanks though, I guess I'll set out looking for eight diffrent ID's that work :p

I'll rep you later, 'cause I have to wait 24 hours since I've given out too much lately haha.
Thanks again!

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
They IDs must all be different. It is irrelevant what the ID is, it just cannot match another channel ID. They don't need to be instant-case IDs on channel.

This.

Which order string you choose does not matter at all. If you made one of your instant cast abilities' order strings to "chainlightning", it would work the same as with something like "roar".

Just make sure you have different ones, and you're good.

Advena

Reaction score
You really sure about that?
You all seem to agree, so I think I'll have to try around some more with making the spells work,
since the order ID don't seem to be the problem anymore :p

Thanks guys :thup:

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
You really sure about that?
You all seem to agree, so I think I'll have to try around some more with making the spells work,
since the order ID don't seem to be the problem anymore :p

Thanks guys :thup:

Try making a dummy trigger if nothing is happening. I've never had any problems like this before, unless it was a problem with the trigger itself.

Display some "debug" messages, so you know if the trigger is running at all.

Advena

Reaction score
I did that actually, and noticed that the trigger indeed didn't come past the first condition (asking for ability being cast). Which in turn means that the ability isn't even being cast, since I've triplececked that it's the right ability I put in the condition.
Knowing that, I can't see any other solution than that there's some problem with the ability itself; like the ID or something.

I'm stuck :( (and I need help digging me out) :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.