Any way to speed up my wireless internet?

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I got a Verizon USB Aircard. I know wireless internet is bad for gaming but it was this or nothing :(. I live in Michigan and I get about 2 out of 4 bars on a good day, average is 0-1 bar. I can host on WC3 and some times people complain about having a delay andd other times theres no delay, but more often there is than isn't.

So Do any of these programs work that say they speed up your internet by 200%+? Like TweakMaster for example. I can't imagine they work too well if at all.

When I go to my internet connection's properties it says my connections speed is 230 kbs, but when I ran a spped test I got this.

Also my ISP says they have the power to "restrict" my intrnet if I go over 5gb a month :rolleyes: I do that in like a week (without downloads), So what would be aa good way to reduce the bandwidth I use?

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Your internet speed is too limited to host a game in b.net. I have a internet speed around 400kbps, when I download map from b.net, it reports my speed is around 56kbps... :( Sad. To have a smooth game or host a game, you need at least need 512kbps, and ping < 80ms.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
When I go to my internet connection's properties it says my connections speed is 230 kbs, but when I ran a spped test I got this.

230 kb/s is pretty close to .24 mb/s, so i dont see the problem with the speed test that you ran.. upload is expected to be slower.., the rest has already been said by king

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Alright, thanks for the reply guys, I guess I should be happy with what I have :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.