Anyone need a icon done?

Do you think my icons look good?

• Total voters

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Alright sorry I had to go to work. I'm on lunch break right now. Here it is Fel Orc Far Seer Icon. Thanks for the skin by the way. And darker as requested. Hope you like it and tell me what ya think:

BTN
BTNFelOrcFarSeer.PNG
DISBTN
DISBTNFelOrcFarSeer.PNG

Paths are:

BTNFelOrcFarSeer.tga = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNFelOrcFarSeer.tga

DISBTNFelOrcFarSeer.tga = ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNFelOrcFarSeer.tga

Enjoy.

Perfect, this what exactly what I was hoping for! :)
And I think you got the DISBTN right this time!

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
even if passive, you need disbnt.

When you'll click on your hero, turn on the menu, it will need the dark icon, else it will be green and people dont like that!

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
@Zerox: To explain what I meant by books, I was hoping you could make books that could show a character's class. (It's for spellbooks in an RPG)

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Perfect, this what exactly what I was hoping for! :)
And I think you got the DISBTN right this time!

Good glad you like it. :rolleyes:

Hey can you create a icon that shows a Staff that is kinda red with sparks comming out. I dont need the darker version of it its a passive skill icon

Yeah I can do that. It'll be easy for me as its a simpler one. Ideas are already streaming in. :thup:

Oh my god... Can a human being really create these? It's just so amazing..

Well I have a small request, I would like an icon for a spell I'm making and it should show 2 figures. The one to the left is facing left and is being stabbed by the one to the right. The one to the right should be standing with he's right arm stretched out holding a knife of some sort that is digging into the other's back. The left arm should be pulled back to the side of him holding another knife preparing to hit. Some blood on the knives would be nice to (not too much though^^) The figures should be darkened so you can just see their shapes and not the colors, the background well.. don't relly know what it should contain.. Somewhat green with a little bit of different nuances.

I hope this isn't too hard to make, though it shoudn't comparing to the other's you have made. I really love your first icon (the one with pikachu):thup:

Lol well thank you for the compliments and yeah I can do that it is slightly more complex and will take a little longer than the others but I can do it for ya despite the non believers:
Well the other icons simply looks like resizes so that request actually sounds pretty hard judging by the fact that it will need alot of freehand stuff.

Well I'll get it done no worries. I'm in the proccess of moving to a new house at the moment too so I just work on these when I have some free time. I know its exciting to be getting something but please understand I don't soley devote my life to this. :p

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Hey can you create a icon that shows a Staff that is kinda red with sparks comming out. I dont need the darker version of it its a passive skill icon
How would these be?

Attachments

• BTNStaffOfSanctuary.JPG
    BTNStaffOfSanctuary.JPG
    2.6 KB · Views: 350
  • BTNStaffOfSilence.JPG
    BTNStaffOfSilence.JPG
    3.1 KB · Views: 348

131ackout

You just joined a forum, yet you're doing great at icons!!!

TheHelper forums are needing many icons, and if you submit the bestest icons, and is approved, we'd thank you! ;)

For the topic, +rep.

(Lol about Dameon icon.)

vespt

Reaction score
yy your icons are pretty cool....
just make the disbtn like u did on fireball... that one was great

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well sorry cage that I skipped you again. I just wanted to prove to Grymlax and Daskunk that I can freehand it too. :shades:

Here ya go Kazuga:

BTN
BTNSneakAttack.PNG
DISBTN
DISBTNSneakAttack.PNG

Its 90% freehand the only part that isn't is the background. :p

Enjoy.

131ackout

Zerox,

There's a bit problem over your DISBTN. Why don't you make it little lighter? Otherwise, we people can't see what it is.

Just a tip. ;)

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
XD I get it going both ways that people want it darker or lighter. My screen is just really bright and I forget about that sometimes. XD Do you need any icons 131ackout or you just chillin seeing what I make? Also you being someone who changes avi's often what do you think of my new one compared to my old grunt one? And do you like my free handed icon I just made?

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
They weren't had drawn, just recolors\copypastes. Its acually very easy once you learn. ;)

im glad someone caught on

and as for the freehand icon. not to rain on your parade but 90% of the icon IS the background. sorry im just not that impressed...

and as for the darkness of the DISBTN. the standard is a 50% opaque black layer on top just clear up confusion. i know it comes down to preference but thats what the icons in WC3 are

Daskunk

Reaction score
Well sorry cage that I skipped you again. I just wanted to prove to Grymlax and Daskunk that I can freehand it too. :shades:

Here ya go Kazuga:

BTN
BTNSneakAttack.PNG
DISBTN
DISBTNSneakAttack.PNG

Its 90% freehand the only part that isn't is the background. :p

Enjoy.
Meh. Pretty pixely and I can't tell what its suppose to be really, But im not too good at icons either. :)

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
im glad someone caught on

and as for the freehand icon. not to rain on your parade but 90% of the icon IS the background. sorry im just not that impressed...

and as for the darkness of the DISBTN. the standard is a 50% opaque black layer on top just clear up confusion. i know it comes down to preference but thats what the icons in WC3 are
Well I'm horrible when it comes to percentages so bleh my point is that I made everything but the background. And background isn't 90% sorry but thats not right there even I know that. And everyone is entitled to there own oppinion. And besides not everyone knows how to make icons and copypastes & recolors still take time. And if there is a simple way to get it done that looks good my oppinion is to just go for it rather than take a really long way. But whatever. :p Have a nice day.

M

MaEt-ReLLiK

Yes, a lot of these are CnP and recolors as stated before, but I guess you have to start somewhere, and keep up the good work though, since a lot of people seem to find them useful.

Oh and by the way, remove the border in DISBTN icons. :thup:

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
With some imagination i can see that the left one is a person but the right one looks more like a paprika to me.

would you mind if i attached my version of it in this post?

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Meh. Pretty pixely and I can't tell what its suppose to be really, But im not too good at icons either. :)
Well I originally made the characters in color but then silhouetted them like the requester asked. And really it can get kinda hard when its something that small to impliment exact detail especially to a silhoutted figure.

Daskunk

Reaction score
Well I originally made the characters in color but then silhouetted them like the requester asked. And really it can get kinda hard when its something that small to impliment exact detail especially to a silhoutted figure.
Yeah, The guy getting stabed look like he's on he knees looking that direction <--- and the other guy looks like a random blob. o_O

I couldn't do better like I said, though.

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
With some imagination i can see that the left one is a person but the right one looks more like a paprika to me.

would you mind if i attached my version of it in this post?

Go on ahead. Everyone is entitled to there own ideas and creativity. And if he thinks yours is better thats up to him. Really what matters is that people can enjoy things and why should I be the only one to get enjoyment. Besides if yours beats mine more reference to improve in the future. I may be spunky sometimes but I'm a nice person.

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
Thanks that is a really good attitude. I like that.

here is my icon
btnbackstabtv2.jpg

(the zip also contains a DISBTN icon, and a textfile with the paths)

Attachments

• Backstab.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 205
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.