WIP [AoS] BftC: ReArmed and Reloaded

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Hey, maybe you should make a mode where there would be less Special effects to reduce lag for less powerful computers.

Also, the Death Knight could have something to Reverse stuff. Like it causes the enemy to take damage when healed and heal when taking damage and stuff XD
Rage Winterchill should have weak health or he would be crazy.

And, if you like, you could create special items for each hero. They start with these items and can upgrade the items to make their abilities more effective (eg. Rage Winterchill has some Frost Skull that makes his attack slow in Frost Mode and Reduce Armour in Darkness Mode)

Sid

Reaction score
I have a SFX NO Lag trick that I use with every of my maps, and so do my all fellow mappers on TheNexus/Warboards. So, SFXs is not the problem.

Gore Mode - Hmm... Should be insteresting...
Additionally, a Fast Mode that will set all heroes to level 10 at start of the game.
So, in all

Gore Mode - Lots of Blood, and Gibs fly...
Extra Gore Mode - Even more blood than you can imagine.
Fast Mode - Heroes start out at Level 10
Uber Mode - Heroes start out at Level 20
Battle Mode - Large amount of forces spawn from lanes, Enjoy the epic battles...

Death Knight
He has a skill that Heals / Damages the friendly / enemy depending on the HP.
Enemies take more damage per second, for more HP they have. Damage is reduced dynamically while HP drained.
Friendlies are more regenerated for less HP they have, and regeneration rate reduces dynamically over time.
In other word, it is an idea supporting skill, it would never restore 100% HP and never fully kill the enemy either.

The second skill is HP redirection, It chockes the HP regen of nearby units, including the regen buffs, and adds them together to form a large number, then, this number is the damage or healing the target takes, depending on if friendly or allied.

This one has a deadly synergy with first skill, Cast the first one on self while on Low HP and second on target enemy... OMG, He's doomed.

Sid

Reaction score
Sorry about the Doublepost.

But I have jotted down a changelog of some recent changes I made.

General
- Various Graphic Improvements, Fixed glitchy graphics
- Added a Cooldown UI
- Added casting effects to heroes that show significant animation change while casting.

Tauren Chieftain
- Modified the way Smash! works, not it requires 50% mana to be successful instead of previous 100% mana requirement. Successful cast will drain 50% of Max Mana, Which means, you'll be able to cast it twice! Or in quick combination with is ultimate - Fury and Honour

Oni Orc Battlemaster
- Modified the way Rage works, instead of gaining and dropping attack rate gradually, Rage now grants instant significant boost in the Attack rate. Plus, Rage is likely to trigger more often if Oni Orc has Powerblade.
- Powerblade + Rage combo is made even deadlier by adding a small chance to criple enemy by hitting vital organs. The effect will greatly slow enemy and reduce target's base damage by 50%

Shadow Rogue
- Has two new innates - Ensnare (Default War3 One) and Stealth Points (0 to 3 Max)
- Stealth points are gained by using Rushing Shadow ability, in which the Rogue gradually fades to transparent, Stealth point is gained if Rogue successfully becomes invisible.
- Replaced the Neutron Shield with new Slice 'n Dice
- Slice 'n Dice is a melee skill dealing conditional damage. it deals [Initial X] + [X if Ensnared] + [Y x Stealth Points] damage.
- Fixed a possible Gameplay balance problem with Rogue's ultimate - Doors of Darkness
The Doors of Darkness summons a portal at target location, and the twin at caster's position, at every 2 seconds all heroes standing at one portal will be transported to second portal. Allied heroes are healed and enemy heroes are damaged while being transported. The problem was the final transfer was at the target point, and not at the caster point. Which had been modified, and now the final transfer is towards the caster point.

And on the other news...

Rage Winterchill the Destroyer
(Has very Low Base HP, Base STR and very little STR gain. Practically his HP are so low that even a single unit from Lane creeps can be troublesome for him ;) )

- Awakened Form
Awakens the inner demonic form. While activated, drains mana constantly but grants enhanced HP regeneration. Plus shields the percentage of damage taken. The transformation is lost when Mana reaches zero. Grants a bonus effects on other abilities.

- Chain of Fate
Shakes the chai of fate that binds target's soul to the body. When own existance at stake, target's metabolism is greatly slowed down, reducing practically every aspect of the target, including HP regen, Armor etc. Deals a little initial damage and places a Buff for long time. If cast on same target again, deals bonus damage depending on INT. the damage from repeated casts increases greatly upto a certain cap.
If cast while on Awakened Form. the damage is amplified twice. and If target's current Hp are lower than Destroyer's current HP, it's killed instantly. But costs a terrible Mana drain of 100 MP to Destroyer.

And I have already explained ultimate - Neverending Winter.

All I need is one more ability, preferably Target AoE. And will be great if it's effects are over the time.

10q for reading it all.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Northern Winter- Causes a blizzard to start at the target area. Units in the area lose small amounts of health overtime and Rage Winterchill gains additional armour in the area. The Has a huge AoE.

Frozen Shards- Summons several Frozen Shards that are launched towards the target position, slowing and damaging units hit.

Glacier's Defense- Generates a powerful Ice shield around you. Every second, the Ice Shield becomes weaker, affecting nearby units with a stacking slow effect and a stacking DoT (damage over time) effect. (Works well with ulti XD)

sidove

Reaction score
Here is a gun man hero with low polly model:
Sam Sharpeye
Model:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=123330
Abilities:
Headshot
The rifleman have a X chance to head shot his enemy's, dealing the distance between him and the target.
Spotted
The rifleman has a X chance to move into a random position in X area when attacked. NOTE: The effect triggers only when not moving.
Camouflage
When activated the rifleman changes colors to his surroundings (not gaining invisibility(he get's the color of the terrain ex: it's a grass terrain then the get's green)
Scope
Zooms into your rifle scoop making you get X more range but decreases you movement speed by X%.
Focused Shot
The rifleman takes a breath and aims on his targets for 3 seconds then fires a shot that deals X damage and X DOT damage to the target, the shot has a X chance to go trough and hit the X enemy's behind the primary target dealing 60% of the real damage.

Sid

Reaction score
~Zack
Blizzard and Shards abilities - You forgot about the Awakened Form part... ;)

Glacier Defence seems okay, I dunno about the effects though. but I will thought out some 'Eye Candy', again.
Oh, Did you just say it works well with Ultimate - Neverending Winter? Well, in a way, Yes!
I just have to think about the Awakened Form part of it.

But I have received a setback, the ability - Chain of Fate has been disapproved by my brother Sam, and I am, again, in search of a new one... :)

~Sidove
The model's really good, but animation sequences are kinda wierd...
Ohm, anyway... I liked Camouflage ability. Credits to you...

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Just make the Frost Form do a stacking slow and Awakened Form (its like Druid of the Talon/Claw's ability right?) do damage.
If Awakened Form is like Metamorphosis, then the player would need to time it correctly. They have to cast Glacier Defence at the last few seconds of the form and combo immediately with ulti so the Glacier Defence will not wear off before the Ulti combos.

Replacement to Chain of Fate-
Soul Skull[Passive]: Grants the hero a small amount of health for each unit killed. Stacks to a certain amount (XD)
Summoning Portal: Summons a portal that constantly supplies Winterchill with units; summons weak units with Frost Attack when in normal form and strong units with high damage in Awakened Form.

sidove

Reaction score
~Zack
Blizzard and Shards abilities - You forgot about the Awakened Form part... ;)

Glacier Defence seems okay, I dunno about the effects though. but I will thought out some 'Eye Candy', again.
Oh, Did you just say it works well with Ultimate - Neverending Winter? Well, in a way, Yes!
I just have to think about the Awakened Form part of it.

But I have received a setback, the ability - Chain of Fate has been disapproved by my brother Sam, and I am, again, in search of a new one... :)

~Sidove
The model's really good, but animation sequences are kinda wierd...
Ohm, anyway... I liked Camouflage ability. Credits to you...

I can find a better one for you if you want.
Edit: Here are some rifleman models i found: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=47731&prev=search=rifleman&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=47737&prev=search=rifleman&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=49808&prev=search=rifleman&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=48226&prev=search=rifleman&d=list&r=20

Sid

Reaction score
~ Sidove
Goblin Rifleman - Yeah, better. Definitely an option.
Gnome - Way too shorty! Hard o spot on field, but Camouflage won't work with this guy.
Rifleman Elite - Perfectly suitable for Camuflage style ability, as Almost all textures can go Team Color.
Twin Pistol Guy - This is a True Gunslinger!
Now I leave it to you, Sidove, Out of The last two, which you think should be finalized,

~Bloodcound
Yes, I'd be really interested.

~Zack
I think he would be interested
Quoted For Truth.

Secondly, Awakened Form is not a Transformation ability, Instead it is a Non-Displellable Buff Placer, I have some serious effects attachments to the Model so that it looks like all new!

sidove

Reaction score
Sid, I have a hero consept for you. wloud you be interested in hearing it ?

Yeah sure man.

Rifleman Elite
I think it would be perfect for the rifleman model but it's kinda big file size, if you want to sacrifice so much pollys for a model then decently take it, but if you don't want to sacrifice so much pollys then take the gunlister and if you don't think thr rifleman spells fit for him then i can make cowboy spells for him if you want.

I have a AOS map that been like laying around on my computer for a while and i never had the chance to finish it becuse I'm to lazy^^, but if you want you can take a look on it and look on my heroes and spells NOTE: I've made a camouflage test ability for you on the map post or pm me if your interested.

//Sidove

Sid

Reaction score
My map's current size is about 1.2 mb so which means I can go for at least one High-Poly model. :)
Would you mind if the sniper guy truns out to an INT hero? As generally people tend to make it AGI hero. I intend to make something different.

As far the scripting goes, I can make camouflage myself, but thanks for the offer anyway.

Rigleman Elite also has a Melee animation set. Maybe I can make him Ammo dependent!
(Don't worry, this won't cause him to be underbalanced...)

Sid

Reaction score
The map is still in progress... Stay tuned. Only two heroes more to go and we shall be ready for Download!

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
nice! :D sounds awsome

if ur still looking for heroes i know 3 i figgured out for a diffrent guy, i post it here if ur intressted, if u guys got diffrent amount of skills/levels and so on, ust pick what sounds cool :) ideas below

(Grunk is my dream hero... i LOVE skills that make the earth move... )

Name: Grunk The Rampaging Monster
Attribute: Str (Melee)
Story: Grunk was town out of hes troll village as a child becoues of hes murderous intent. he had to learn to survive on hes own fighting any dangers that appear in the night. this is where he got hes first taste of blood...
Model: (duall wielder) Like that green troll whit 2 axes feel (free to pick any dual wielding model and change story so it fits)
Spells: Passives & Activates

* Base (9lvl): Aggressive Fighting
Increases ur damage 27%-180% at the cost of 5-45%extra dmg taken for x seconds (activate/self cast only/auto cast)
* Base (9lvl): The Taste of Blood
For every enemy killed u get 1-9% of your life back (heroes 2-18%)
* Strong (7lvl): Aggressive Foothold
Every time you get hit you have a 1-7% chance to do a xx-xxx dmg Warstomp
* Amazing (5lvl): Aggressive Swings
Adds 2/4/6/8/10% chance to fire of a xx-xxx dmg Shock Wave in front of you when u hit a monster (enfo's mt have a unit whit this mountain dwarf skin)
* Ultimate (3lvl): Rampage
Puts Grunk in Rampage increasing attack speed whit 33/66/99% and its double the current % of your Aggressive Swings and Aggressive Foothold

Element: Ground "evil" , whud be more fitting whit "blood" or "Wind" element :p

----------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Pedro The Noble Knight
Attribute: Str (Melee)
Story: Pedro is an Persistent Knight from an ancient kingdom, Devoting hes life to god and to save those around him ~ kinda the idea
Model: "Golden" Footsoldier? the Blood elf one (free to pick any human model whit allot of armor)
Spells: Defensive & Super Defensive

* Base (9lvl): Devotion Aura
Gives Devotion Aura +1-9 Armor
* Base (9lvl): Persistent Survivor
Heal Self 100-900 (low mana cost, low cooldown)
* Strong (7lvl): Dedication
Increases your own Armor whit 4-28 and enemies that hit you take 7-70% dmg them self. reduces your attacking speed whit 5-45% ((( whit the -%dmg and defense the thorn thingy is not that much, but its something to make up for the attack speed lost)
* Amazing (5lvl): Holy Armor
Damage taken reduced by 10/50%
* Ultimate (3lvl): Gods Light
Increases Pedro's Life whit 1000/2000/3000 & Reincarnation (6-2 sec to spawn, 240-60sec cooldown)

Element: Light "good"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Shiva Gaias Child
Attribute: Agi (~250-300 Ranged)
Story: nowone knows when Shiva was born and how, but she have ben living in the jungle all her life whit a flock of Black leopards learning thire ways. in the jungle she have developed an out of this world agility and also learn the ways of the Shuriken
Model: Huntress ofc
Spells: summon/passive

* Base (9lvl): Agile Fingers
For every 2 skills Shiva learn to bounce her Shuriken on her enemies adding 1 bounce
* Base (9lvl): Summon Black Leopards
Summons Black Leopards to help you in ur fight (is there any skin of this? else make "black" wolfes or somthing alike...) 1 x lvl1 / 2 x lvl1 / 1 x lvl2 / 2 x lvl2 and so on
* Strong (7lvl): Thornes aura
attacking monster take damage when attacking 20-140%
* Amazing (5lvl): Advanced Agility
increases ur dodge by 10-50% and chance to crit by 4-20 for x2-x4 dmg
* Ultimate (3lvl): Summon Ancient
Summons a an Ancient Treant to help Shiva in her fight (increasing level, more life/defence/dmg)

Element: Nature... ofc

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I promised a hero consept... Here it is:

Faust Bloodmore the Gunslinger

Faust is famous for the style with wich he kills his enemies. He has a lot of weapons and each one of them can be used a coupple of different ways. He is the backbone of evry team, as the assasin, and the fear in the eyes of his enemies. The dispair he causes among his enemies makes them shiver to death.

Model.... I do not know. Perhaps this :
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=50423

Main Att. Inteligence. He has good dmg and mana, and moderate hp, but low armor.

For the skills :

Base (9lv) Fire arm stinger.
Faust charges to one point dealing dmg to the targeted unit. If it was a point then nothing happens.
dmg starts from 100 ends up 400 because it is only for one target. Cooldown 7 mana cost 100-200

Base (9lv)
Knockback shot. Fires a special bulet that throws the target back
Deals from 50 to 200 bonus dmg. And knocksback for the ammount of dmg dealt over 2 seconds. Cooldown 10. manacost 120 at all levels.

Strong (7lv)
Granade! Throws a special granade that deals good dmg. However if it does not dmg anyone in 2 seconds, it will become invisible like a mine.

Deals from 140 to 300 dmg in an 300 aoe. Manacost from 120 to 160 with a 12 sec cooldown.

Amazing:
Poison Shot:
Well from +10 to + 60 bonus dmg. from -10 to -70% ms speed reduction and from 10 to -50 attack speed reduction for 3 seconds. Costs arround 70 mana per shot.

Ultimate: Bloody Blade
The caster throws a shuricen that will jump and slash infinate times his opponents as long as they are inrange.
dmg 100/150/200 per jump/
in 200 300 400 Aoe.
Baisicly, it is like chainlightning that will hit 2 targets forever untill 1 of them dies or of they are in the range. The model is glave and a lot of bloody effects. cooldown 30 seconds mana cost 200/300/400

Sid

Reaction score
The model's got an ugly face...
Anyway, this can go on with the Rifleman model as well.
The only two skills that impressed me was The GunStinger and Bloody Blade

Nice concept, needs more refinement.

Unfortunately, I cannot do Grenade beacuse it already exists for Dark Ranger. He fires an arrow that is stuck in the ground till he manually triggers it's explosion. It's a quite mean :)Devil:) ability, But it's really impressive.

Knockback hero is already present, Let's see if we can get some different idea.

~Nivius
They are way too simple, perhalps.
Anyway, I have a Death Knight in making, may be of some use.

sidove

Reaction score
Hey man i think you got the camouflage ability all wrong it doesn't change to player team color it changes his basic color and it' and turn on/turn off.

I think the Int attribute is good for the rifleman it would really make him different (in a good way ofc).

I got an ability for the rifleman but it your choice to decide if it's good or not.

Aiming Shot
The rifleman takes a breath and stops moving and doing any action, he makes you the one to decide where his next shot shall be fired.
To shot you right-click on the point but there is a X chance that the bullet misses and hit somewhere else. The bullet has also a X chance to spread when it's going in so high speed so it damages everybody around the target.
The stance also give +X more range and visibility to the rifleman while in the stance.
If not fired in 30 seconds the rifleman return to it's normal form.

Sid

Reaction score
~Sidove
Aiming Shot, Hmm... Really good, I wish I had thought that before...
Okay, this too, in confirmed.
Now, we have Gunstinger (Bloodcount), Camaoflage and Aiming Shots (Sidove)
Great, Now I can really make this hero...

Matbe his ultimate can be something like Engineering Upgrade, that boosts other abilities. Or maybe some active ability.

Secondly, Camouflage will be passive. It will change the vertex color plus the team color aswell, just to match the surroundings more. I'll have to do a real good triggering and stuff. But, it's really worth it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.