Appeal Grade

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Hey! I am doing a school assignment right now and I need your help. I'm going to hold a speech about appealing grades and where I live, this is not possible, to appeal grades that is. That's why I was thinking of trying to find arguments by saying that in other countries this is a system that works.

I know there are alot of students around the world here and I am just wondering, is it possible to appeal grades where you live?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Yes. It's possible in most schools, and usually not very effective or widely used.

Varine

Reaction score
Or they just don't want to. I mean, even high schoolers know high school is a complete waste of time and money.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Or they just don't want to. I mean, even high schoolers know high school is a complete waste of time and money.
They could also be part of that rather large subset of people that complain all the time but don't do anything about the problem. Being overly passive is one of the flaws in the mentality over here.

You could say something about how it's likely for examiners to make mistakes during the grading process, and the ability to appeal helps students to better reflect their performance through grades. It might also cull attempts to artificially fix grades (like hacking the school system) since there's an avenue already available for such improvement.

Varine

Reaction score
Depending on if your going for perspective that is more critical of the system, I would consider looking into the fail rates of the teachers and administration. Maybe design a fairly simple and tedious instructional and see how many mistakes are made and contrast that to I appropriately graded work.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Hey! I am doing a school assignment right now and I need your help. I'm going to hold a speech about appealing grades and where I live, this is not possible, to appeal grades that is. That's why I was thinking of trying to find arguments by saying that in other countries this is a system that works.

I know there are a lot of students around the world here and I am just wondering, is it possible to appeal grades where you live?

From a college setting, appealing grades is acceptable, provided that there is no unethical reason for the appeal.

This means that your reason for appeal must be related to what you believe you earned (and nothing else, meaning you should NOT mention a scholarship, or job offer contingent on graduation, etc).

I am skeptical that there is absolutely NO possibility of appealing a grade. In most cases where a grade is wrong, it can simply be shown or explained that a solution to a problem is correct, or that it meets all of the requirements.

If an incorrect grade is given and the grader's objectivity is questionable, there is almost always a way to bring up these kinds of concerns to higher authorities.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.