Attack Speed Bug With Trigger

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a spell called Rage of Darkness. When activated, it gives the hero the ability to cast a Frost Nova thingy with its attacks, and increases attack speed. The spell lasts 10 seconds. Heres what the trigger looks like:

Code:
Rage of Darkness
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Ability being cast) Equal to Rage of Darkness 
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Add Dark Nova (Trigger) to (Triggering unit)
                Unit - Set level of Dark Nova (Trigger) for (Casting unit) to (Level of Rage of Darkness  for (Casting unit))
                Unit - Add Rage Speed (Trigger) to (Triggering unit)
                Unit - Set level of Rage Speed (Trigger) for (Casting unit) to (Level of Rage of Darkness  for (Casting unit))
                Wait 10.00 game-time seconds
                Unit - Remove Dark Nova (Trigger) from (Triggering unit)
                Unit - Remove Rage Speed (Trigger) from (Triggering unit)
            Else - Actions

When I use this, the frost nova thingy (Dark Nova) works fine, but the speed thing (Rage Speed) doesn't work at all. Both these abilities are unit abilities. The speed if based off Item Attack Speed Increase or whatever its called. I don't know why its not working. Any ideas?

Fluffball

Reaction score
Why don't you base the ability of Berserk?

What type of unit is casting the spell?

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
It's a hero. Isn't Berserk autocast? I suppose I could base it off Chemical Rage, but the spell has alot of levels, and I don't feel like making all those units for that spell, when the trigger is right there.

Fluffball

Reaction score
Well, unit abilities can only have 1 level, so that means, that if your hero has the spell at lvl 2, then it won't work.
Berserk isn't auto cast

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Your wrong, unit abilities can have many, many levels. Can you see a flaw in this trigger? or do you know about a problem with Item Attack Speed Bonus?

Fluffball

Reaction score
Well, the only thing I can think of, is that Ice Nova is a hero ability, and Item Attack Speed Bonus isn't.

Just see if you can make it one, then see if it works.

Expelliarmus

Where to change the sig?
Reaction score
I honestly see no flaw in your trigger besides (not really flaws, but optimization/ cleaner look)
Code:
Rage of Darkness
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Ability being cast) Equal to Rage of Darkness 
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Add Dark Nova (Trigger) to (Triggering unit)
                Unit - Set level of Dark Nova (Trigger) for (Casting unit) to (Level of Rage of Darkness  for (Casting unit))
                Unit - Add Rage Speed (Trigger) to (Triggering unit)
                Unit - Set level of Rage Speed (Trigger) for (Casting unit) to (Level of Rage of Darkness  for (Casting unit))
                Wait 10.00 game-time seconds
                Unit - Remove Dark Nova (Trigger) from (Triggering unit)
                Unit - Remove Rage Speed (Trigger) from (Triggering unit)
            Else - Actions
- Why do some have Casting Unit and some have Triggering Unit? Change all to Triggering Unit
-Is the If Then Else necessary there? Put the Ability Being Cast in the Condition and remove the If Then Else.

I believe the problem is in the Object Editor of the actually Item Bonus Ability. Perhaps screenshot or so...

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
For some reason, my computer doesn;t like taking screenshots, so I'll explain exactly what I did.
I based it off Item Attack Speed Bonus

The ONLY things I changed are the name, the Data - Attack Speed Increase (lvl1, .15, lvl2, .30, ect.), and I changed it to Unit Ability instead of item, just like the other spell (Dark Nova).

hehe I'll change the trigger to your specifications, I just repeated it the way I've seen it done for fear of it not working.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, unit abilities can only have 1 level, so that means, that if your hero has the spell at lvl 2, then it won't work.
Berserk isn't auto cast

That is again, terribly wrong...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.