Attack WALLS!! OMFG!!

JuiceBox

Reaction score
How can I make enemy units attack the wall instead of fail at trying to attack the units on the other side of the wall (when obviously they can't 'cause there's a wall blocking them)? :banghead::p

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
I dunno if there is a better way, but there is always the option of giving the walls a 1-1 attack.

Unit's that can fight back take priority over unit's that cannot, so the unit's behind that are attacking take priority over the walls defending them.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
You would need a custom projectile system and it would be too hard to put into this one post. Take a look at some sliding systems and such to get an idea as to how to do it.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I saw something in the OE... It was like priorities or somethin, might help

/offtopic how goes the spell I sent you?

JuiceBox

Reaction score
@ WastedSavior:
I'll try that, thanks.

@ PrisonLive:
What do you mean?

@ Avalierrra:
What is OE? How do you do this?

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
'OE' is a shortened version of 'Object Editor'.
The section Avaleirrra is talking about is in the 'stats' section.

I believe higher priorities give the unit a higher priority of being attacked.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Ya, so if you set the priority of the wall really high, the units will attack the wall first :). (I think)

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
you could make a trigger to detect where the units are and where the issued order is and then if there is a wall in the way order them to attack the wall, but this might have some "stupid" unit behavior if you order them to attack-move from far away or there is a chunk missing from the wall already

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
would this stop players manually targeting through walls though? i think not

LmmcDarkY

Reaction score
maybe you should add tiny's spell cant remember name... well that one which make all units attack casting unit and with triggers make walls to cast it every few seconds :D

Uszi

Reaction score
Put a region around where your walls are, and make a trigger that checks if there is a wall in the region and an enemy unit, then order the enemy unit to attack the wall. This will make them ignore any incoming fire from across the wall.

I used a system like the one mentioned above in a Zombie map I was working on: players had the option of building barricades in doorways, so I had to check if there was a barricade there, if there was then I had to make the Zombies attack it.

Another issue...

If the units don't even get close to the wall because they are trying to attack the units inside of the wall, and they can't find a way through (Like, they wander all over stupidly trying to find an access point), then make your walls walkable, and use triggers to stop units from crossing them, or force units to attack them. Again, this was another problem I had with my map.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Another possibility is to give the wall a taunt ability and make it cast it every 2 seconds or so.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
maybe you should add tiny's spell cant remember name... well that one which make all units attack casting unit and with triggers make walls to cast it every few seconds :D

Not everyone plays DotA. I don't think your even talking about Tiny, your just talking about the regular mountain giant. The ability is called taunt. You would also have to order it to cast taunt quite often if you did this and it would give a buff.

JuiceBox

Reaction score
"If you could make the marines invulnerable, just until the barricade is destroyed, then the attackers would ignore them."

This is from the other thread. How do you do this? Tags please, thanks. :p

"Make walls cast "taunt" every second."

The problem with this is that if the creeps destroys the walls (making an entrance to the builder's base), they'd still keep attacking the walls... and let the builder escape. :(

"Set the walls' priorities higher."

This didn't work. Not sure why. :confused:

"Give walls an attack."

I guess this will be my best bet. Hopefully it works. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.