Attacking Unit "immortal" when using dummy units?

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I was trying to recreate the "Corrosive Skin" ability from DoTA (Bad me, bad bad bad bad bad bad...) which is a passive ability that slows attacker's movement and attack speed when striking the unit with the passive skill.

Well, at first nothing happened. At all. So I fiddled with the trigger a bit, and simply made it so if I had the spell at level 1, it would kill the attacking unit. Worked wonders :)

Then I filled in the rest of the conditions and setup the temporary location. Still worked. Replaced Kill Unit with a "Create Unit for Player" function. Still worked. Then I had it add the Slow Poison ability to the created unit. Still worked. So I finished up the trigger and used the dummy unit supplied in the Spell Test Template maps and tested the map. And that is where the 'bug' came into play.

The creep attacking me would get the debuff alright, but the unit would not take any damage from my attacks. Reloading the map, I attacked the creep without learning the spell, and it took damage as usual. After learning the spell, it stopped taking damage from any of my attacks :?

Changin the unit created back into any of the default units (Footman, Acolyte, Gnoll, etc) fixed the problem and the creep took damage like it should. Is this a problem with the trigger, or am I overlooking something?

Trigger:
  • CorrosiveSkin
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • Multiple ConditionsAnd - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Level of Corrosive Skin for (Triggering unit)) Greater than (>) 0
          • ((Attacking unit) is A structure) Equal to (==) False
          • ((Attacking unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to (==) True
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 testingunit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Temp_Point facing (Facing of (Attacking unit)) degrees
      • Unit - Add Corrosive Skin Effect to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Corrosive Skin Effect for (Last created unit) to (Level of Corrosive Skin for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack (Attacking unit)
      • Unit - Make (Last created unit) Invulnerable
      • Unit - Add Locust to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)

IronTrout

Reaction score
I made a spell a while back slowing the enemy unit down when the hero with the ability attacks. It's SUI and all. but if you think ur upto it, i can link the spell and you can backwards work it :). I'd like too, but I got junk to do.

mylemonblue

Reaction score
That would be much appreciated :)

Also, since the Corrosive Effect dummy ability was based off Envenomed Spears, I unchecked the stacking type and set it to None. Would that have any effect on this? I doubt it since when I had a footman as the spawned ability everything worked fine :?

EDIT: Well I copy pasted everything I had done into a blank map and now my hero can deal damage witht he ability active. The poison effect does damage like it should now - The downside is now the movement speed and attack speed debuff doesn't work :?

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
EDIT: Well I copy pasted everything I had done into a blank map and now my hero can deal damage witht he ability active. The poison effect does damage like it should now - The downside is now the movement speed and attack speed debuff doesn't work :?

Mind posting that blank map? it might be something in the ability tab rather than the trigger itself

mylemonblue

Reaction score

Mind posting that blank map? it might be something in the ability tab rather than the trigger itself

I figure it was the ability, I got it to work after reworking the ability it was based off of. I had the movement/attack speed reduction set at 0 and only the damage would apply. That didn't work, so I reset the Stacking type. No workie. After putting the movement/attackspeed to a number above 0 it worked perfectly o_O

Later I had a slam spell that would reduce attack damage based off Cripple, and it wouldn't work when I based it off Neutral Hostile cripple - only when I based it off the Necromancer's cripple. Furthermore, it didn't work until I set all the data fields to a number above 0 D:

@IronTrout: Thanks :)

And as always, thank you both for offering advice :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.