Aura Problem

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
I'm making an ability which transforms the hero into a temporary form which deals 40% increased attack damage.

For the transformation I'm using Chemical Rage. For the attack damage increase, I'm using War Drums set to "self, vulnerable, invulnerable".

Now here's my problem: The hero isn't getting the aura buff. The aura skill is present on the unit and even displays the art attachments from the ability, but the buff just doesn't want to work. It only lasts a few seconds just after transforming and a few seconds after the transformation is complete.

What am I doing wrong?

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
What unit are you using for the transformed model... I had an issue like this at some point because the unit was classified as ancient, and that classification can have a lot of strange effects

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
What unit are you using for the transformed model... I had an issue like this at some point because the unit was classified as ancient, and that classification can have a lot of strange effects
Neither units have any classifications.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Do you get the increased damage?
I can try describing my experience with the issue a little in detail.

The aura skill is a normal unit ability which only the transformed unit has. The aura's duration remains unchanged, which means the buff lasts a few seconds after the aura fades from the actual unit. This is probably what happens at the beginning and end of the transformation.

The ability is active, but does not seem to register the transformed hero as a valid target. However, given that the buff appears at the beginning and end of the transformation, it suggests that during the transition the aura registers the normal untransformed self as a valid target and instantaneously provides the damage boost, but seeing how the normal unit form does not have the skill, the buff expires the same way after transforming back.

If you think about it, is there a single unit in the standard game which has both a transformation ability and an aura ability? Most likely this is some overseen bug. I'd like to know if anyone have experience with this issue and know of a solution.

roaaaarrrr

Reaction score
Well I think the easy solution would be to make a trigger that creates a dummy unit at the start of the transformation and have it last the same duration as the chemical rage... and just give the aura to that unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.