Aura that draws in enemies o_0

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
I'm trying to make an aura that slowly draws enemy heroes close to the hero with the aura. Is there a way to do this without disabling the unit's movement speed? I just want them to slowly be drawn towards the hero. So if they are running away, they can outrun low levels, but if they are standing still they will begin moving towards the hero, know what I mean? Basically a weak vaccum cleaner. :eek:

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
hmm...the intervals will save the units...

if the intervals is less than 0.5

and the action is a "move instantly"

those enemy units are as good as dead.

demotry241

Reaction score
event
time ...
condition
action

pick all units in map.. with matching condition level of ability is more than 1
loop
set unit variable = picked unit
pick units within X range of picked unit matching unit is alive, and an enemy.
loop
move picked unit to position of picked unit offset of (Range) to unit variable.

remove the leaks...and thats it..

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
What leaks?
What would the time be?
Shouldn't there be a condition?

I'm a f****** retard with triggers, help me out here :rolleyes:

demotry241

Reaction score
the time.. would be the interval...

just do the event = category of time :D you'll find it.

condition... hmmm.. the condition is that.. it picks first the units with the ability "the ability to suck people/units!"

then seconds unit group , checks the units within the sucker, with the condition.. the checked unit is an enemy of sucker.. and alive.

:D

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
>So if they are running away, they can outrun low levels, but if they are standing still they will begin moving towards the hero,

impossible with pure gui, not including custom scripts xd

you will have to use some custom script or jass, move unit instantly aura would be instant gg because

1. previous orders of the moved unit are lost
2. channeling/about to cast spells will be canceled
3. you cant run from it.

im guessing your looking for something like

call SetUnitX and SetUnitY

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Omfg, not JASS........I get a physical pain when I hear the word. If thats the only option then this spell = FAIL.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
use a few custom scripts, its not too bad

custom Script: call SetUnitX(Unit,X)
Custom Script: call SetUnitY(Unit,Y)

(you will need to replace Unit with the units affected by the aura and you will need to use Polar Projection to find out the X and Y values)

have you started the trigger? post what you have so far

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
That is pure ignorance. (At I_RULE_YOU, not cleeezzz)

No offense, but taking up Jass for your map making can benefit you SO much. I was one of those GUI users that said, "I don't need Jass, it's too hard and GUI is better." But I took up learning Jass and I see the possibilities and endless advantages of having so much flexibility with the game and it's engine in general. So this spell will not 'FAIL' if you can get it right. Jass is not as hard as it seems, it is very simple if you start out with basic things. Starting out, you will think Jass is a waste of time and not worth it, because that task could easily be done in GUI in about 10 seconds, where in Jass would take 10 minutes. But Jass is not for one action, dumbed-down, simple triggers, it is for regular - advanced triggers. It gets much simpler for those triggers you need, that work extremely well. As you move on, triggers that take an hour in GUI, can take five to ten minutes in Jass. It will help you in the long run.

IMHO, dump GUI this minute, and start learning Jass. You will thank me later.

PS: Good luck with the spell.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
If you REALLY need to, use EGUI. It also includes the function, enhanced by JASS, that can move a unit and not interrupt orders.

demotry241

Reaction score
Be happy.. for I am Here.

Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set ALLREGION = (Entire map)

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Temp_Group = (Units in ALLREGION matching (((Level of Endurance Aura for (Matching unit)) Greater than 0) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Sucker = (Picked unit)
                Set Temp_Point = (Position of Sucker)
                Set Temp_Group2 = (Units within 600.00 of Temp_Point matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Sucker)) Equal to True))))
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group2 and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set Temp_Point2 = (Position of (Picked unit))
                        Set Temp_Point3 = (Temp_Point2 offset by (10.00 x (Real((Level of Endurance Aura for Sucker)))) towards (Angle from Temp_Point2 to Temp_Point) degrees)
                        Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to Temp_Point3
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point2)
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point3)
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group2)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group)

the interval.. is da event.!

attached it.. for future reference

don't lower the interval to less than 0.7

or enemy units.. is as good as dead.

[EDIT] actually.. this looks like black hole ability from dota. only.. a passive aura type..

instructions...hmmm.. learn the ability Endurance aura.. on TAUREN LORDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nah.. Tauren Chieftain FTW!

Attachments

• WAT.w3x
    17.6 KB · Views: 62
Reaction score
That and Jass is just the sexiest and easiest programming language ever devised. It's so easy and sexy that you may as well learn it because it's just awesome. It's functionality is awesome. You can actually use functions which save about 10/11 of the time it takes to make a map. Literally, I had a map with 150 triggers just for the spawn system. Created two custom functions and 1 variable and took it down to 3 triggers... Not a lie... But, as Renendaru states, EGUI is an amazing alternative. And if I had a choice I would use EGUI over regular Jass, if I didn't have a nice keyboard. But vJass freaking trumps it all. The only thing I wish we had was a nice vJass editing utility. One that displays functions and all in a nice tree list...

Edit: Demotry... Try it and try to run away with the unit... It wont work unless you use setunitx and setunity...

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
haha, when you release that map with that aura code, imma play that hero and rape everyone.

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Custom Script:     local real x
        Custom Script:     local real y
        Set Temp_Group = (Units in ALLREGION matching (((Level of Endurance Aura for (Matching unit)) Greater than 0) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Sucker = (Picked unit)
                Set Temp_Point = (Position of Sucker)
                Set Temp_Group2 = (Units within 600.00 of Temp_Point matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Sucker)) Equal to True))))
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group2 and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set Temp_Point2 = (Position of (Picked unit))
                        Set Temp_Point3 = (Temp_Point2 offset by (10.00 x (Real((Level of Endurance Aura for Sucker)))) towards (Angle from Temp_Point2 to Temp_Point) degrees)
                        Custom Script:   set x = GetLocationX(udg_Temp_Point3)
                        Custom Script:   set y = GetLocationY(udg_Temp_Point3)
                        Custom Script:   call SetUnitX(GetEnumUnit(),x)
                        Custom Script:   call SetUnitY(GetEnumUnit(),y)                       
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point2)
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point3)
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group2)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group)

try that, its 4 extra custom script lines, and all you gotta do it copy it, so it shouldn't be too hard. (although i do not know if this works since i just copied demotry's and modified a small part)

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
WOW, I pissed off alot of JASS fans, go figure. I don't have alot of time to work on this map, and I'm not going to take the time to learn JASS, because that would compromise my schedule. And what the hell is EGUI?

Did I mention this aura has 7 levels? Will that complicate things much?

demotry241

Reaction score
WOW, I pissed off alot of JASS fans, go figure. I don't have alot of time to work on this map, and I'm not going to take the time to learn JASS, because that would compromise my schedule. And what the hell is EGUI?

Did I mention this aura has 7 levels? Will that complicate things much?

the codes i created? no.

10x level of Endurance aura) the suck range of the sucker.

and it only checks if the unit(sucker) has an ability endurance aura more than zero.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
no the trigger uses "Level of ability" so its fine.

>And what the hell is EGUI?
by sevion, basically adds more gui functions that were only possible in jass making it easier for GUIers.

>I'm not going to take the time to learn JASS, because that would compromise my schedule

then dont, all you have to do is copy what i wrote (+demotry)

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
I didn't understand what any of that except for
the codes i created? no.

But its ok, I'll see if there's a problem before getting into more complicated stuff that I don't understand 0_o

Reaction score
There is a problem I see... But its not a problem, just something I would change. Instead of it just being 600 range, make it 600 + 50*lvl...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.