vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
I just watched it.

9.5/10

Sigourney Weaver was great.

They way Jake gotten the Toruk was kinda... lame. Seemed a bit rushed.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
the action were great, the story was decent, the graphic was also amazing. Kept me interested through the entire movie. The ideas of the environment in the movie was amazing, all those creatures and plants etc... was really fun to watch, it really prompts you to join the adventure.

i would give it a 9.5/10, wouldve been 10 if i didnt watch it in 3D lol... got a little dizzy sometimes but 3D was quite the experience.

They way Jake gotten the Toruk was kinda... lame. Seemed a bit rushed.

it kinda was but it was true how when your the big bird in the sky you don't have to look up because you wouldnt expect anything to. but it is a pretty significant event lol... until he decided to let it go after.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I thought it was amazing. imo, critics don't know what they are doing, that or they often get the wrong types of critics for the wrong genre of movie (apparently critics think the movie is good, but not great). It's an action packed sci-fi love story that will make you happy and sad at the same time. For most of the movie I was flushed with emotion, it really hit me deep down. The animation is unbelievable, everything about the movie was fantastic. 10/10

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Thought of adding:
> you don't have to look up

Still think it was kinda rushed a bit. But it was still fine.

Also wanna mention that the concept of sleep/dream in the movie is quite original and interesting. Jake never seem to sleep at all in the movie. Whenever he sleeps, he's awake as someone else. Which makes us wonder sometimes... which is reality? Great movie.

Worth watching. Watch it in cinema, guys. Not just DVD.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Went with some friends last night to go see it. Movie was amazing! I loved it, really long movie, but completely worth it. The visuals and creatures/people where nicely done and the CG animation was awesome.

I'd recommend it. Endings a bit sad though...

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I thought it was a good film, but in all honesty not the best film of the year; aside from the SFX I don't think it really brought anything completely new to the table, so to speak. The plot was good, the characters were good, the acting was very good, but on the whole I think some parts felt a bit... empty. Certainly, towards the end though, the full impact does hit you.

Also, I didn't see it in 3D, due to a host with the organizational capability of a teaspoon, but my brother saw it at the IMAX and he thinks better of it than I did.

Overall 8/10. But definitely one for the cinema, and probably Blu-Ray when it comes out.

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
10/10 - Saw it without the 3D ... but some people say the 3D was worse though...

The special effects were crazy and how it was all summed up to the final battle(s)

If I could go see it again without forking out £5 I would! :D

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Meh, it's snowing too much, no one wants to drive anyone anywhere, so I'll have to probably wait till like next week to see it, :(

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I can't believe anyone could NOT like this movie. It was really amazing, very epic feel. I thoroughly enjoyed just about everything. The beginning dragged a touch, but that gave you time to focus on the beautiful backgrounds more.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
I'd give it a 9.5/10, I was enjoying every moment from start to finish.

You'll defiantly have to see it in 3D, it's absolutely amazing - Although not in a standout way. I found myself forgetting that it was 3D at some points, and when I took a look, I was amazed by it all over again. The 3D added so much to the film through both the minor details such as the characters standing out to the beautiful sight of the lush forest scenes. I'm not a big special effects guy, but I was overwhelmed (in a good way) simply by the beauty of Avatar.

The people who don't like this movie would argue that the story (and a lot of the movie) was stereotypical and predictable, although I'd honestly call them ignorant if they weren't able to look past all that to see what Avatar really is. On the way back from the theatre me and my friends were joking about the movie being predictable, and the similarities we saw with other movies - but we still thought it was absolutely amazing and would suggest to everyone that they watch it.

The drawback is that I don't have an HDTV at home, so I'll miss out when it comes to DVD.

Maybe I should go see it again before it leaves theatres. :)

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
You'll defiantly have to see it in 3D, it's absolutely amazing - Although not in a standout way. I found myself forgetting that it was 3D at some points, and when I took a look, I was amazed by it all over again. The 3D added so much to the film through both the minor details such as the characters standing out to the beautiful sight of the lush forest scenes. QUOTE]

yeah i got that as well, during like the middle of the movie i just completely forgot it was 3D, got so absorbed into the story. Until one of my friends was like it looks the same without the glasses and i was like right its 3D :)

Ohh one note, the 3D isnt those in your face 3D type, its more like a better depth added into the picturee, helps your focus and really make it feel like your there, although... one side note, the fast action scenes do make you dizzy ;)

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I saw it non-3D, which was a little sad I guess, but it was freaking awesome. The effects, the enviroment, the casting, the story and so on. The plot was kinda easy to forsee tho, but it sure showed the special effects coming up for the next generation of movies.

8.5/10 Toasters.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Both.
Sherlock Holmes is just really epic.
See Avatar first, then wait a few weeks before Sherlock Holmes, :O

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Saw it in 3-D. Amazing. 9.9/10

I was so impressed with the graphics. I loved how they managed to make it look as real as a documentary on TV. I liked how the 3-D didn't stick in your face but instead made it look like you could walk into the movie.

The story was excellent. They played it at just the right pace with a good dose of action, romance and plot development. Their slow motion parts were really well done I thought because they didn't slow it so that everything seemed sluggish but instead made it so that the viewer could just see everything that was happening.

The enviroment was really well done. There was a great diversity in the vegatation and it looked great.

The only thing that bugged me was the slight lack of animals. But this is tiny compared to all the good things.

WARNING SPOILER
I really really liked how they killed off the big tree. It left the viewer hanging. My personal thoughts were, "How is Jake gonna be able to continue to help the people?" It greatly contributed to the rising action.

Well, that's all
Avaleirra

Avaleirra

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Movie was awesome! Cameron really knows how to do a movie. It simply appeals to the viewer and the story is full of various, wonderful moments.

Thumbs up from me for this movie!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.