Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
I saw it on my birthday..... I found all the graphics amazing the color the design everything :p I loved it:p

Samuraid

Advisor
Reaction score
As far as the story, it was about average, maybe a little above average.
As far as the visuals, probably the best-looking film I have seen in my life. The characters, animation, and environments were breathtaking.

(Seen it once, and going to see it again)

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i loved the visuals too, but my eyes seemed strained, i was sitting in the same spot i usually do when i watch movies but the screen felt too big, and it hurt my eyes

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I saw it yesterday. The visuals are breathtaking :eek:

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
it beat batman in gross revenue. but it will have to make 50 million more to make up production cost -.-

"Budget $237 million[2]
Gross revenue $1,018,811,000[3]" Avatar

"Budget $185 million[1]
Gross revenue $1,001,921,825[1]" Dark Knight

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
O I liked The Dark Knight, but at least it's still number 5.

Avatar has doubled its costs, still not that much profit though. Let's see how much it'll earn before it no longer shows... I think it can go past Dead Man's Chest, but if Return of the King too, that's 2nd place! Anyways, that's 2 films by Cameron in top 5 all time, that's pretty pro.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, my avatar is quite a witness to how I perceived this movie (watched it twice in 2 days, never regretted it one minute).

:thup:

9.9/10! I gave 10 to, naturally, the movie I felt was the best I ever watched. Avatar is second best, behind LOTR 1.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
^ Glad to see I'm not the only one who really LOVED Avatar.

I'm tempted to see it again this weekend (watched it last Sunday).

After seeing it in 3D, I don't think 2D is ever going to suffice.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know about all these people complaining about the 3D. Maybe our eyes work differently. I had a SLIGHT problem concentrating on the 3D the first minutes into the movie but it quickly got better. After that, I had no problems at all.

I really liked how the 3D added to the movie instead of doing all these bouncy attacking things that goes wild in the public(Nothing bad with those movies, but it wouldn't have been a positive thing to make it like that in Avatar)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
It's just different for everyone, some people get dizzy, others don't. Same for IMAX.
lulz.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
some movies have things that they make really obvious that are for 3D only (like bullets "coming" at you and such), but i didnt notice too much in avatar. that seemed strange to me.

Zakyath

Reaction score
This must have been a remake of pocahontas with blue people. Sure, there were some cool effects, but effects can never make a movie good; only a good movie better. They didn't even use the 3D as they should've; the only thing "flied against you" was like... dust?

Seriously. How can they use so much money and fail so utterly? Make war, not Avatar

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
I was blown away by this movie. People can say whatever they want about its plot/characters/w.e., but the fact is, the experience was breathtaking. I was transported fully to Pandora, and I never once looked back. James Cameron has truly achieved a marvel with this film/

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
I sat in the front row of IMAX 3D. Amazing.

It seems that people mostly enjoyed the effects... but I greatly enjoyed the plot as well. However, I tend to fall in love with stories where characters transcend humanity in a certain way (The Matrix, Watchmen, Star Wars etc...). It brings me a great sense of melancholy, making me want to go back for more and more and more.

9.5/10

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
the epicness of Avatar reminded me of LOTR.

Specifically, the last battle!

Especially when the guy got shot by 2 arrows. LOTR!

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
This must have been a remake of pocahontas with blue people. Sure, there were some cool effects, but effects can never make a movie good; only a good movie better. They didn't even use the 3D as they should've; the only thing "flied against you" was like... dust?

Seriously. How can they use so much money and fail so utterly? Make war, not Avatar

I liked the story. It was rather epic actually. The 3D made it that much better as well.
Yea I was reminded of Pocahontas when I watched the movie, but it never detracted from the story at all.
Honestly, if you're looking for a great story, read a book. If you failed to find ANY entertainment in this movie, I feel sorry for you because life must be rather boring.

Although I see your point about the 3D, this was not the director's intention and direction. It was to great depth and perception. It became a window into Pandora.

In the end, yes the story wasn't mind-blowing but it wasn't a disappointment either. Sometimes, simple is better. Or at least good enough for a movie of this proportion. Plus, I liked Pocahontas as a kid, I like the idea of a man going against his own people. So if its a great concept and has not been redundantly overdone, why change the formula? Pandora was just pure art in my opinion.

I would also note that this is the first time ever in my lifetime that I have actually felt COMPELLED to defend a movie from any sort of criticism. Notice I did not say deny or ignore.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.