Back button in Gmail causes Google Chrome to crash

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Hello, I usually use Chrome for my normal browsing, and I found a problem that happens all the time in Chrome.

Whenever I open up a message in Gmail, use the back button, and try to open up a different message, Google Chrome crashes to the "Aw, Snap!" page. It is quite often, but I can only reproduce the problem sometimes. It seems to still have this issue even if I disable my extensions (Adblock, RSS Subscription Extension (by Google), Vimium).

Firefox does not seem to have any problems working with Google Chrome, but I'd rather not switch browsers.

Anyone else have this issue, know what might be causing it, or have troubleshooting ideas?

Thanks!

jogex

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, but have you tried reinstalling and/or disabling any plug-ins you might use? Im also using Chrome and have no problems with G-mail and the back button :/

MrBrooks

Brooooooooooown!
Reaction score
1. Enable the Chrome Sync. Look at this Google web page on how to do so if you already haven't enabled Google Chrome sync. Google Chrome Sync
2. After that uninstall Google Chrome and clear out settings files in the Google Chrome installation folder.
3. Restart your PC so the changes come in to affect.
4. Install Google Chrome again.
5. After it's installed, go to the options tab and set up the sync and sign in with your current email address that you used for step 1.

Hopefully that'll work. I get problems with Chrome sometimes so maybe a reinstall might help as it will do majority of the time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.