Base Order ID?

JapeyJapes

Reaction score
Hi

I am a n00b - started fiddling with world editor a week or two ago. Have a question regarding a spell I'm trying to make.

I have made a custom ability based off "slow", and now I want to make another one that will be very similar to it. So I copied and pasted then made some changes. Now when I order my custom hero to use either of them, both get executed. This is because they both have the same base order ID, right?

So I think all I have to do is change the order ID for the second one - but there's no field in "slow" that lets me specify it!

Do all spells/abilities (are they the same thing?) have a base order ID? And if so, how do I change it if it's not an available field in the GUI?

I could just base the second one on another spell similar to slow, but i think basing them both on the same spell would be a better way to do it. (Right?)

any help would be appreciated.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
You can base it off another ability that adds the slow effect (Assuming that's what you're using Slow for?) .
That'd be a bit easier for you.

Hellohihi

Reaction score
afaik, changing the base order id to cause multiple spells of the same type to work on a hero only can be done with the channel ability.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
The Channel ability is sort of a last resort for people new to World Editor.
With Channel you have to trigger everything, so it's harder.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could use channel in this situation.
Just make a dummy, which casts the spell you want on the target unit, when the channel ability is cast.

Since you can change Channels orderid, it doesn't matter how many abilities are based on it.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess this good information because it shows up alot in the logs and nobody ever says it is bad they just follow a bunch of links. Possible Hall of Fame.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.