Best LCD gaming monitor?

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
I have checked out many reviews and looked over several different sites trying to find the best LCD screen I can find. This is for gaming applications and although I will be using my computer for other purposes it is for this purpose that I want the monitor to looks its best. I'm not so much worried about price though I don't want to spend too much. Rather I just want high quality. It seems every monitor that excels in one area fails in the next. I want something all around that is decent. Response time of 2ms would be nice nothing over 5ms. I would like to get at least a 24' or greater, preferable larger, however, not if there are some really good smaller choices in comparison. I need a high contrast ratio of at least 1000:1, I would prefer blacks be just that: black, no bleeds etc. wide viewing angle is a must as well for movie watching etc.

Anyone know a good comparison site, review site, etc?

Anyone have any suggestions on just a killer monitor they would recomend?

Anyways, any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for your time.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
They're pretty much all going to be the same, to a point. The only things that matter are weather its widescreen, and thats a personal choice really, and the Contrast Ratio. Most games, if any games, don't support enough graphic ability to matter, though.

Just don't buy an overly cheap monitor, buy a brand thats well known and look on somewhere like NewEgg for reviews. People are just going to come in here and say "My monitors pretty good, get that", as monitors aren't really changed too often with users. ;)

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
It's already been [THREAD=122842]discussed here[/THREAD]. Please use the search function before starting a redundant thread.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
My experience would be to buy an S-PVA or S-IPS monitor. They have a much better viewing angle and colors, but more expensive. Most of the 24" that are $400+ are probably those type. To be sure though, search the net for "TN", "PVA", "IPS" first before doing stuff.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
It's already been [THREAD=122842]discussed here[/THREAD]. Please use the search function before starting a redundant thread.

Actually he just asked about brands - I am looking for a specific recommendation as to which is the best monitor for gaming application within specific criteria. As well I didn't want to steel his thread seeing as they are not the same.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Response time of 2ms would be nice nothing over 5ms.
wide viewing angle is a must as well for movie watching etc.

There are 0 monitors out there that does these two at the same time. In my earlier response, if you want wide viewing angle, PVA and IPS panels are great, but they do not have a great refresh time (6 ms or higher right now). I have a Dell monitor with a 25ms refresh rate and I never noticed anything strange when I play CS:S. To me, anything < 25ms would be fine. TN have horrific viewing angles and colors, but they do have great refresh rate. Still, I do not recommend buying them unless you are in a really tight budget. Even then I will recommend to not get a monitor at that moment.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
My Pick...

Alright after exhausting myself for the last 48 hours I finally made my choice. I found a great and thorough review site that really helped me with my conclusion. It's just happenstance that this monitor was just dropped in price, was on sell from Benq AND had a $40 dollar off promotion code going. I was going to get this regardless and couldn't be happier; hopefully I haven't spoke too soon, *crosses fingers. I ended up paying only $339.00 for mine with three year warranty, and free shipping. Now many of you may outright object to a TN panel, however for my purposes this monitor will really handle my needs as an avid gamer. I will have to shop in the future for one that will better fit my artistic and production needs.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
actually the last year i have not seen many bad monitors for gaming.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
actually the last year i have not seen many bad monitors for gaming.

Are you meaning for TN panels...that the technology and standards have improved or just for all LCDs in general?

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.