Better hurry to get your beta fix

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
It will soon be over...

Dustin Browder said:
It won’t be necessarily just a few days. We do have to take down the servers to prepare for the launch so there will be some time between the launch and when the beta comes down. I don’t know how long it’s gonna be right now. There will be at least couple weeks or maybe more where the beta is down before launch.

As seen in this interview:
http://www.sc2blog.com/2010/05/12/dustin-browder-talks-starcraft-2-three-new-interviews/

The rest is pretty normal talk.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Facebook integration? o god no.

> <

Blade has successfully executed a 4 Zealot rush!
And he wants you to know!

Publish?

I can honestly say that I won't buy this game if it comes to that, taking out LAN play and kind of ruin some of the actual purpose of the game is one thing, but this is just crossing the line:thdown:

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Not like you have to integrate with facebook. And really I doubt anyone cares that you're not going to buy the game. (Especially not Blizzard) I sure as hell am getting it.

punwisp

Reaction score
I can honestly say that I won't buy this game if it comes to that, taking out LAN play and kind of ruin some of the actual purpose of the game is one thing, but this is just crossing the line:thdown:

You won't buy this game, but millions more will :)

SC2s community will dwarf that of warcraft 3

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I've played about 10-ish games over the past week and asked people if they lagged as well. So far they've all agreed with me. Maybe it's just where I live has more traffic (US east)

I don't get lag on USEast. :confused:

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Hopefully when the beta stops we will still be able to keep playing around with / being absolutely confused by the editor

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
The only time I notice lag is when I'm playing Custom Games. (Though, my map will have tons of noticeably lag because it's a bound and even the slightest lag is noticeable).

Or when someone has a shoddy connection.

punwisp

Reaction score
I've played about 10-ish games over the past week and asked people if they lagged as well. So far they've all agreed with me. Maybe it's just where I live has more traffic (US east)

Lot games I'm in SOMEONE is lagging, I think its just a bit sensitive, so if someone doesnt have the greatest connection at that time, game slowens

DarkRevenant

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
In all my games I only saw a couple people get significant lag. It may just be my good connection, or luck, though...

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
@sam
It's easy to talk big about how you will never pay money for games with restrictive DRM, but everyone has a price. If games as sexy as Diablo 3 ever start coming with the mean DRM, a lot of people are going to sigh, grit their teeth, and accept it.
the gritting teeth part and buying the game part might be applicable here. at least for the rest of the world it is.

some games sux.
nuff said.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
In terms of options and fun, Warcraft III ladder beats Starcraft II ladder. YourFace has spoken. (pun intended)

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
not really related.
where you need a constant internet connection to play a game.

you can replace drm with facebook connection or whatever and the sentence still stands.

punwisp

Reaction score
In terms of options and fun, Warcraft III ladder beats Starcraft II ladder. YourFace has spoken. (pun intended)

So you compare a full game to a beta, compare games with a totally different concept

Large armies vs Hero focused group with a few other units tagging along, very small scale battling.

Its quite hard to make that kind of comparison

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
i say the 2 games cater to 2 different audiences.

Warcraft focuses more on heroes and small scale battles.
Starcraft is a game of masses of units.
very different.

on the custom games side,

the warcraft 'feel' of being magical and medieval is vastly different
from the futuristic environment of sc and people have preferences.
i personally prefer the wc3 environment.

punwisp

Reaction score
You basically said most of what I said xD. Except for the themes, I forgot to mention that one.

Its like comparing Fallout 3 to Oblivion

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.