Biggest map disappointments?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Lord_Phoenix said:
You know that that would make it a positive number... negetive x negetive = a positive. Please correct your math.

wow dude CoD wouldnt get a -neg number please correct your train of thought

edit

didnt see alexander's post :eek:

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
sqrage said:
wow dude CoD wouldnt get a -neg number please correct your train of thought

Damn this "You need to pass more rep around before +Repping Sqrage again." nonsense!

Put it on my tab -.-

sqrage

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Damn this "You need to pass more rep around before +Repping Sqrage again." nonsense!

Put it on my tab -.-

maybe if you didnt -rep me last time :p

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Alexander said:
What?

Sud's got a POSITIVE number. He was racking UP points, not losing them.

Suds score = +n X -432 = -s

N = Number
S = Solution

Thanks for trying to be a wise-ass, better luck next time :)

sorry, I misread like you did. My apoligies *bows* *bows* *gnaws leg a bit more..* :eek:

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
sqrage said:
maybe if you didnt -rep me last time :p

Shush, demon child.

You deserved it and more.

As a matter of fact? The last of my revenge shall be:

NO +REP FOR YOU!

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

:rolleyes: \sarcasm

D

DaFishy

PHP:
echo "Testest!";

The biggest map disappointment is not dota .. even though I hate it ..
IS all those really lame maps that are so lame for example ..
Anime Fight .. 1 shot die! Bang ... : /
Or those maps with no triggers and nothing on it at all
Lame mauls too

nomadian

Reaction score
AN earlier poster said there are many versions of footman, so why is there so much issue around Dota. I completely agree with this, I actually think so many maps go to waste when they actually have a lot of potential. But since its so frowned upon you have a load of basic editions of maps which are just completely crap. I have 3 maps I've made and the concept is original compared to a lot of the games out there, I would love to see that improved with someone who has better terrain skills or someone that has some ideas to improve it. I mean which is better your map on battle.net which noone wants to play or a copied version of your map which everyone wants to play? I would think the latter.

Anyway back do Dota, I think in general as a Rocer Dota player I think Guinsoo should have given credit. And perhaps called it an alternative name. The dota that is popular on RoC just can't break onto Tft now since the game that is on tft is essentially a completely different game now and people wanting to play a game called dota thinking the RoC dota is the allstars version will just log out in seconds which is a pity.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
the RW maps have gon to Poo I think, the community has gon to shit, and Zanda, the map maker, won't let anyone touch "his" map ( although 95% of it he didn't make), and since he isnt that great of a mapper he can't really do much with it

N

Neopolis3

Yeah, you've heard this too much, but...

DotA.

After hearing so much "ZOMGTEHDOTAISGRATE", I decided to join it. Which definately wasn't easy, because I got kicked as soon as anyone saw I had a DL. And when I played, it was a dissapointment..

Sure, it had many characters and stuff, but still.... It's just an average map.

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
someone mentioned tob...

i hate tob, it is so boring, i mean, at level one just one of the creeps has a better chance of killing ur hero then ur hero has a chance of killing them.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
What's wrong with that?

Of topic, been a while since iv'e last seen this thread...

S

SirGre

Sud said:
I decided to try out one of those "murder mystery" maps, specifically panda mansion. I went in stoked up in the idea that it was going to be something somewhat thought provoking where players would work together to try and piece together clues as to which one of them was the "killer".

lol now you've inspired me to make a map like that :D

U are a noob

Reaction score
y is dota bitched about in this forum so much?
its not the only map that people have stolen i mean cmon half of custom games are basicly remakes of games to make it rigged like "LOAP". But i do like the real one where there is no rigged points. OH yea i think the BEST game ever is SHEEP TAG its just pure skill right there.

M

morxel

hmm i think the reason people copy others maps is to simply make it better... its the same with the people angry bout such and such maps... i bet those others that customized other maps were thinking the same things... "grr i hate this and that" .. why not do something about it then? but i also dont mind when people actually say 'Created by *name*' Edited by *name* thats a lot more responisble then stealing others maps and slap a name on it :)

E

Emenblade

I Have got 2 agree with morxel about having the actual mapmakers name on it or the insperation for it on there. i just have to add this iv played |) 0 7 @
b4 and it wasnt great But not that bad either. i just Dislike how no one will let you dl it and its like the only thing on the list.

as for real dissapointments:

battle ships --got borring after the other guy got like 6 lazers and a ship with like 999999999999 hp that goes 700% faster than it should

-custom hero arena--Just gets repetitive

footies- got annoying when every game you played some one had crazy skills and you never had any chance against his/her forces

GReen Td--- hurt my feelings i played with all proz and we made it to last level and found that we couldent kill a single one. i stoped playing after that.

mauls are fun when its one team vs another
as for the other mauls there is allways some b@$7@rd that has some beef with you liking root beer instead of mount dew. or dislikes how your strat actualy works!

Wow you guys post long threads you guys should consider writing in some newspaper or sumthing. =)

xX]Emen-Blade[Xx

U

Unregistered

LOL, I just realised all of the original posts to this were all on my birthday, the 19th, hehe(of last year)
anyways
Bad Maps:
-Dota(ONLY because it takes 90% of bnet players away from other games)
-Any Imbalanced game, where all anyone has to do is get a specific hero to win
-All the untranslated games
-Some of the footmen frenzy takeoffs, like footmen god, some other ones
-except for a couple mauls or WMW most tower defenses can get boring very fast.

Good maps
-Footmen frenzy, like 4.2 and those versions
-some of the smaller maps even if they are simple, poke the angry ogre, bomb tag
-Vampirism
-Some other misc games

O

OmgWtfBacon

I can't really say that I've really played a warcraft "Map Disappointment", because I usually care more about mainstream games for the 3 systems such as Zelda. Or, you know, Final Fantasy, that kinda stuff. Since these games give off so much hype about themselves, they become a big deal.. well now that I'm officially rambling. I'd guess the worst map was that remake of that Starcraft map ZONE CONTROL. I don't like it anymore now.... oh well.

A

Atreides

bad maps:
-most LOTR siege maps, and other maps which appear to have had no thought of balance, or work put into them

good maps:
-footman frenzy 4.2/AR (all-random version b/c even though some heroes are still a little better than others, now people cant just pick their favorite...they have to know how to use any hero to win)
-many of the spawn&castle style maps....they actually are strategic

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.