Blocking/Healing damage for a unit at full health

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
1) No - if I do that, it's increasing the chance of bad things happening
2) Would you rather the risk of the game crashing without warning?
3) I can't help it if you bloated your map with that many triggers
4) Obviously, since NewGen does have additional syntax that normal WE doesn't support, and it gets rid of the requirement for InitTrig functions
5) New patches won't break the map (I've made stuff with v1.21b that a friend tested, who uses v1.22)
6) It doesn't matter if another user has NewGen or not - all the additional syntax in NewGen is 'translated' (I can't remember the specific word for it) into normal JASS (structs -> global arrays, libraries -> move scripts to map header, and other things)

To sum all that up
No, I'm not removing the dependance on NewGen, that'd just be stupid

Trithilon-V2

Reaction score
Well....its your choice....
I know you put a lot of effort on this and asking you to recode this was a bad thing. I am Sorry.
Does change in newgen dependency mean a lot of work? --- So that i can at least ask tips from someone to check how to do it.
I seriously didnt get what you meant by "Bad things", "Crashes" and "Stupid" in this case.
Also, you can test stuff on a normal editor, but you can't save it....

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Does change in newgen dependency mean a lot of work? --- So that i can at least ask tips from someone to check how to do it.
It's not a huge amount of work, but it's not advisable

I seriously didnt get what you meant by "Bad things", "Crashes" and "Stupid" in this case.
The only 'easy' method (that I know of) of transferring locals between functions without vJASS is unsafe due to abuse of the bug which allows for not-normally-allowed typecasting (i.e. Handle2Integer, Integer2Handle, and a few others which are pretty much just more specific forms of the latter) - Handle2Integer is safe as far as I know, but Integer2Handle isn't (and that is, as far as I know, one of the big reasons as to why structs were incorporated into vJASS)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.