Skin Bloody Necromancer

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Bloody Necromancer
This is my first attempt at skinning something. (Well, technically, it's just a skin edit.) It's supposed to be a bloody Necromancer, such as one which has just come from a battle. It could potentially be useful for cinematics (although I wouldn't recommend using it for anything). Here it is:
bloodnecromancerscreenshs7.jpg
And the unwrap:
bloodynecromancerunwrapwd6.jpg

Note: team color has been removed from this texture.

Please only post constructive criticism, if you're going to criticize. Thanks :thup:

Attachments

• Bloody Necromancer.zip
    176.7 KB · Views: 263

Knight7770

Reaction score
What I noticed most was the sharp left turn that the blood took on his right side of his beard (i.e. our left)
Well, the wrap there is kind of...terrible :eek:
and the blood on his clothes looks like a web/mesh-like thing, would be nice to see improvement there.
I'll try to fix that :thup:
Not TOO bad for a first skin, but it seems like you went on a rampage with the brush tool.
Thanks, I think :)
Sorry, but I don't like it.
To me it just look like a like alot of lines..
Well, how can I fix it?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Well, yea it is just red brushing. Probably took about 5 minutes or less. :p

You have to add more detail and make it blend more with the surrounding stuff. Shading would also help and maybe make them thinner and look more like blood.

Kind of meh but at least it isn't a recolor. xD

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
The blood would look a lot better with multiple colors for different shades, rather than the same red color all over. It looks ok right now, but if you worked on the shading a bit more, I bet it could come out looking cool. :shades:

Knight7770

Reaction score
The blood would look a lot better with multiple colors for different shades, rather than the same red color all over. It looks ok right now, but if you worked on the shading a bit more, I bet it could come out looking cool.
I will work on adding more shades of red soon. Thanks :thup:

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
It doesn't look like blood, it looks you handed a 5 year old the mouse and told him to click as much as he can.

Try looking at some tutorials and learn some techniques, then try some more skinning. But as this is it looks nothing at all like blood.

Knight7770

Reaction score
I added a bit more shading to the blood, which you can see in the first post.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Maybe you could put a little less blood on the staff, it looks like a red staff with brown blood :p.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Maybe you could put a little less blood on the staff, it looks like a red staff with brown blood :p.
I'd probably have to restart the skin if I did that. Let's just say he got that part more bloody than the rest.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Ehh.. Does look much like blood. Its very random.. He has a bunch of random fat lines going over him and random blobs, but it doesn't look like he's been from a bloddy battle. I advise, Instead of making it look like somebody put a big red net on him, make there be acuall cuts that blood is coming from and stuff. This might just not be the best skin for the idea, as he's a ranged spellcaster in a robe. OK for a start..

Knight7770

Reaction score
I advise, Instead of making it look like somebody put a big red net on him, make there be acuall cuts that blood is coming from and stuff.
What do you mean by make actual cuts?
This might just not be the best skin for the idea, as he's a ranged spellcaster in a robe.
You're probably right...

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
What do you mean by make actual cuts?
I mean, It looks like somebody..well...took a paint brush and drew random, squiggly lines all over him, and wacked with the paintbrush afew times for good mesure, not like he was sliced someplace and started bleeding. It looks like he let people hold there cuts over his amd and let the blood dribble all over him.

Knight7770

Reaction score
I mean, It looks like somebody..well...took a paint brush and drew random, squiggly lines all over him, and wacked with the paintbrush afew times for good mesure, not like he was sliced someplace and started bleeding. It looks like he let people hold there cuts over his amd and let the blood dribble all over him.
Well, I'll do what I can.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd recommend a staff not "painted" in red.

The blood on the Necromancer's Robe looks a lot like runes. Make it like they did in good ol' games such as Doom and such, blood meant drops of blood. It also isn't evenly concentrated on the piece of clothing. Some places should have almost no blood, while others are litterally tainted with it. Different shading will help distinguish what's more concentrated and what's less.

Knight7770

Reaction score
I'd recommend a staff not "painted" in red.

The blood on the Necromancer's Robe looks a lot like runes. Make it like they did in good ol' games such as Doom and such, blood meant drops of blood. It also isn't evenly concentrated on the piece of clothing. Some places should have almost no blood, while others are litterally tainted with it. Different shading will help distinguish what's more concentrated and what's less.
Thanks for the advice :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.