Icon Blue Haze

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
A distorted haze that resembles a clouded blue moon. Give credit to Dark_Resurrect in your map if you use it.

All four icons, as well as importing instructions, are included.

BTNBluehaze.jpg
BTNBluehazeac.jpg
BTNBluehazepas.jpg
DISBTNBluehaze.jpg

From another thread (multiple, actually :p), Purgeandfire said that more people should make icons by hand.

Why does it seem like I'm the only one who does?

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
From another thread (multiple, actually :p), Purgeandfire said that more people should make icons by hand.

Why does it seem like I'm the only one who does?
You put down some blue colors and used smear. Anyone can do that. Actually try drawing a panda breathing fire, a arrow with ice all over it, and ogre slamming the ground, Not just random abstract colors with the smear brush spammed.

If what this is called a "Icon" I could make tons of icons a day, but that wouldn’t make purge happy at all, to see the resource section spammed with icons. Im sure he would like it better if someone took a long time to make a good original icon.

Now, to other people this might be kind of interesting, because they don't know how to make icons, but if they took less than 20 mins to learn, they would already be able to remake this themselves. But as they think its hard, they dont, so this remains cool to them, as well as recolors.

EDIT: Removed some of my post, this thread is getting offtopic.

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
LOL Daskunk that IS mean :D... yet right. Submitted stuff should have a certain quality. Being new to something is fine just as learning things. But you shouldn't necessarily post something you've just learned because of it's quality. It doesn't mean that you suck or s.th. else but yet it isn't attractive to most people. I for example never posted a spell into this forum until I was rather sure about my trigger-level became decent enough, so that I can do the things I want in a GOOD way.

Daskunk

Reaction score
LOL Daskunk that IS mean :D... yet right. Submitted stuff should have a certain quality. Being new to something is fine just as learning things. But you shouldn't necessarily post something you've just learned because of it's quality. It doesn't mean that you suck or s.th. else but yet it isn't attractive to most people. I for example never posted a spell into this forum until I was rather sure about my trigger-level became decent enough, so that I can do the things I want in a GOOD way.
Well, Im not trying to be mean. I was awnsering his question by telling him why I, Myself, do not submitt icons, and expressing my opinion. I am not trying to discurage him, if anything incurage him to try harder at making things before he submitts them..

When I was starting, I had a urge to submitt everything I made becuase I though it was cool, too.

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Hmm funny... most people would certainly like these icons you made Daskunk^^.
I love the green stuff :D

Daskunk

Reaction score
Hmm funny... most people would certainly like these icons you made Daskunk^^.
I love the green stuff :D
Huh... I didnt spend more than 5 mins on them and only used smear and paint brush.. But yeah, They do look kind of good. Lets stay ontopic though.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Huh... I didnt spend more than 5 mins on them and only used smear and paint brush.. But yeah, They do look kind of good.

Though, I admit I had an urge to submit them... ^^

Hehe, those acualy look kinda awesome Daskunk. They acualy look even better than the icon this thread was originaly made for!

Reaction score
Right, Daskunk, you can stop praising yourself right now.

But I have to agree, that icon is just too plain, uninteresting and I can't think of where to use it. From now on, make icons that can be used for something. Nice try though :thup:!

Daskunk

Reaction score
Right, Daskunk, you can stop praising yourself right now.
I was saying why I don't submit my junk , then people starting saying my junk was good... I didnt mean to praise myself ever.

@sjakie: Im glad you like them, but lets try to keep posts about the original subbmited reasorse. I Might make a new thread about my stuff; but this is ZeroThirteen's thread.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
Well, thanks for all the (constructive? Riiiiiiiiiiight.) feedback on the post. I mainly posted it because I'm practicing- it never hurt me when you told me they sucked. Looking back at it, I know they do. But I'm sure somebody who hadn't tried each of the tools individually and practiced, without submitting them to recieve some criticism, wouldn't turn out to be that great. That's why.

Sure, somebody can use these, but I never really intended for them to do so. I included the citing requirements and instructions because I don't want plagiarism or moderater closures.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
If you make something hazed, it looks really plain. Adding some interesting effects and brightening it will lead to a better overall effect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.