Boss battles!!! please read

muchalive

Reaction score
Hi guys have you ever beaten a final boss so easily? well if you have then it must of been becasue they always repeat the same mistakes over again.

Like for example: the legend of zelda arcaina of time.

When your facing ganondorf(final battle) he shoots a ball of magic to you and you then have to reflect it like pingpong. After 3 hits by his same magic shouldn't he realize that shooting those magic balls be unefective and try something els?

Well sadly most boss and final boss battles are like this in most games now and days. wouldn't it be alot more challenging and fun plus realistic if game developers give bosses a better AI script?

Like for example: the legend of zelda arcaina of time.

After reflecting and hitting him 3 times with the magic balls he should then realize his mistake and try something els that seems more effective.

please give your opinion about this. critisizing will do to.

Note: please forgive me on spelling :D

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Dude, Zelda Ocarina of Time was the first 3-D game ever made. you can't expect too much from it and the last boss isn't ganon dorf. By the way, it takes some time to notice you have to shoot light arrows. And also Twilight princess last boss had 3 stages and was easy. Also he did try new things in his battle but I killed him way to easily.

Reaction score
wtf happened to my post?

Anyways I said Just wait for Left 4 Dead because the bosses are actually controlled by a "director" they say which knows when to be extremely hard to beat or to be really easy based on how you and your team are playing. So it changes based on your how good you play the game.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Dude, Zelda Ocarina of Time was the first 3-D game ever made. you can't expect too much from it and the last boss isn't ganon dorf. By the way, it takes some time to notice you have to shoot light arrows. And also Twilight princess last boss had 3 stages and was easy. Also he did try new things in his battle but I killed him way to easily.

true, also fishing pole glitch is funny to think about :)

mercchris? boss battle difficulties/behavior's change depending on how you play the game?

also, unless this is what merc was saying and I just misunderstood, bosses are made so you have to perform a certain action to damage, then kill them, although, as you noticed, it gets repetitive, so they add different stages, then different attacks within each stage, adding variety. Also, their may be more than one way to damage him. Also, now that I think about it, it would be cool to have a boss where, in the same phase, you can't damage him the same way twice, or at least the same way for a limited amount of time. hmm

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
They did that too Ganon in twilight princess when he is a giant oversized pig. You hit him once with the arrow then the next time he jumps and there is a new strategy. But one thing I hate about the games are the little things that tell you what to do. It becomes too easy.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Another game is the darkness for the xbox 360
I don't know if you could consider them bosses so i'll list the two i think
If you are interested in the game it can be a spoiler for the story line:
THe first thing you can classify as a boss is when you go into the heart of the darkness, you extract the darkness from you and give up your darkness guns(guns that help you control the darkness and kill zombies easier) THen the darkness starts attacking you and when you shoot him your dead girlfriend pops up says shooting him makes him stronger, so how do you beat him you ask? easy, you surrender to him...

THe final guy you um fight is the main mob leader that killed your girlfriend and put a hit on you, you chase him up a lighthouse when you get to the top he shoots you once, you shoot him he falls down starts whining to you to keep him alive, crawls to a gun (if you wait long enough he shoots you) then you kill him...THe darkness takes you over the end.
No challenge whatsoever. still a good game though

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.