Boss Regeneration

Metallicer

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been making a map of mine for quite a long time and it includes boss fights. What I want to do is make bosses regenerate their health out of combat, for example when heroes wipe on the boss he regains full health. Any way to do it without JASS?

Thanks in advance :) !

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You could do a periodic check to see if there are any player in the region/range of the boss unit. If not set the boss unit's health to 100%.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You could do a periodic check to see if there are any player in the region/range of the boss unit. If not set the boss unit's health to 100%.

That would not be a good idea.

Unfortunately we cannot help you unless we know how you did your boss fights.
We dont know your map and thus it would either be extremely hard for us to predict what exactly you need or any answers you will get will be with horrible performance and wasting tons of resources.

Smitty

Reaction score
I'm currently making all the dungeons for my map, and it uses an assload of triggers to cover everything. my method is to add all heroes running the dungeon into a group, and when a hero in the group dies, set the value of a real variable to the number of units left in the group. When that variable becomes zero, kill every unit belonging to Neutral Hostile (or whatever) in the dungeon. Then create all the units you need. That way, any units which have been killed will be remade, so your dungeon is complete. It's easier than just detecting which units of what type and where have been killed.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I'm currently making all the dungeons for my map, and it uses an assload of triggers to cover everything. my method is to add all heroes running the dungeon into a group, and when a hero in the group dies, set the value of a real variable to the number of units left in the group. When that variable becomes zero, kill every unit belonging to Neutral Hostile (or whatever) in the dungeon.

Without Jass, this be a pain to do. But when your hero group variable becomes zero, heal the boss at that point? that seems like the easiest way using your method.

Metallicer

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the support. I will try those methods suggested. Anyway, my map is mainly with boss fights. You usually go to a room or place where the boss is situated and you engage him there. Note that it is not always a separated room, sometimes it's in the open map. You defeat the boss, a portal opens and you proceed. The idea is that if you wipe he will regenerate.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Without Jass, this be a pain to do. But when your hero group variable becomes zero, heal the boss at that point? that seems like the easiest way using your method.

There are plenty of better ways to do it.
Make a region around the boss and whenever a player unit enters increase a counter, when it leaves decrease the counter. If a unit leaves and the counter is decreased to 0 there are no units.
But honestly, without knowing what he currently has all we can do is guess what could be best.

@smitty: why a real variable? Use an integer. Reals are flawed so many times and they take more performance for every calculation.

Smitty

Reaction score
How is it a pain? Also, what about any dead minions? They wouldn't be replaced if you just healed every unit. Also, use a real because there's no event 'value of integer variable'.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
How is it a pain? Also, what about any dead minions? They wouldn't be replaced if you just healed every unit. Also, use a real because there's no event 'value of integer variable'.

What do you need a separate event for this? Are you kidding me?
You got to set that variable somewhere, and when you set it, just compare it to 0.

More over, he merely wanted to heal the boss, he didnt even mention any other units.

Smitty

Reaction score
True I suppose. A separate event works for me because of the way my dungeon triggers are structured. Guess it might be simpler for you to use Accname's method though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.