Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Slow Trap
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • ((Matching unit) has buff Slow Trap) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Animation - Change (Matching unit)'s animation speed to 40.00% of its original speed
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Animation - Change (Matching unit)'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed

I have this, but it doesn't seem to be working, any ideas on what I'd have to add?

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
Are you sure it should be Elasped game time is 1.00 seconds and not Every one second of game time?
Yeah sorry, tried that, but it didn't work. =/

Wow, thanks a lot. It's apparently MUCH more elaborate than it seems, lol. Any idea why you need a DDS system and all of that for it? It seems much more simpler. o_O

Also, does the buff that you apply slow based on constants?

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
There is in Matching Unit in your trigger......

You should probably move them in the main trigger, and change it to something like Picked Unit

Or use a variable instead.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I'm going to comment your code, so you understand why it doesn't work.

Code:
Slow Trap
    Events
       Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
        ((Matching unit) has buff Slow Trap) Equal to True //What unit is this?  Who is Matching unit?  You need to tell the game what unit you're checking the buff of.
    Actions
        Animation - Change (Matching unit)'s animation speed to 40.00% of its original speed //Again, who is the matching unit?
        Wait 3.00 seconds //you may want to rethink how this works.  This system does not know the difference between units who already have a slow animation speed, and those who just barely *received* the buff.
        Animation - Change (Matching unit)'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed //Again... Also, if you use a global variable, it will be overwritten by the time those 3 seconds are up, since the event is every 1 second.

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
Wow, thanks a lot. It's apparently MUCH more elaborate than it seems, lol. Any idea why you need a DDS system and all of that for it? It seems much more simpler. o_O

I don't think it can be simplier, but you can make other abilities that use a DDS as well :)

Also, does the buff that you apply slow based on constants?

The "slow ability" of Breath of Frost is based on Frost Nova so yes, the slow is based on constants.

If you don't want the slow to be based on constants, use a "slow ability" based on Slow like Earth Shock. But you want the slowed unit to be looked "icy", I suggest Frost Arrow

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.