Cinematic Brotherhood Of Kenji

Septimus

Reaction score
Status

Map Status - Open Source
Current Version - 1.03

Description

This cinematic revolves around the battle between 2 brothers, Murasame and Masamune who have became rivals ever since their superstitious father mistreated Masamune after listening to a fortune teller that had told him about Masamune bringing misfortune to the family while Murasame brings luck.

The abused soon became unbearable to Masamune, which eventually results to him murdering his own father and choosing to join the evil path. However, Murasame returns in time to listen to his fathers last wish.

His fathers last wish is to tell Masamune how sorry he was for mistreating him and to bring him back to the righteous path.

4 years have passed and Murasame has became a general for his outstanding achievement in millitary. One day, faith brought both of them to met in a forest during midnight. The beginning of the ultimate battle between both brothers, has begun.

Cinematic Time - 4 minutes 21 seconds

Credit

Terrain Editor

raid1000

Language Editor

bounty hunter2

Jass Editor

HappyTrigger
Hanky

Model

Black_Stan
WILLTHEALMIGHTY
DungeonM

Loading Screen

Paladon

Version 1.03 Update
Enable portrait.

Download Link

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I watched it. Not bad considering it's made in GUI.
However, that camera nearly made me sick.

It definitely needs work on the camera. It's as if there were 2 little boys throwing a camera to each other, and this is what the camera managed to film.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
*The talking bit was WOW, I didn't think to put it in the middle like a real MOVIE.
*Camera like Romek said, was annoying, can't it stay damn still?
*Does a good cinematic need to be made in JASS or something? Try watching Holy Mother series.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yay, haven't seen a cinematic for quite some time now.
Those names are annoying, I get confused with them easily... :\
Watching it now. :D

EDIT:

OK, it was nice.
+The fighting was really nice, never mind how it was made. It was sometimes repetitive but still cool.
+Spells and customs were good, the animations for them too

-The camera views were bad. That needs to be worked on. :p Find a focus when changing, don't show too many unnecessary things if you don't need to, like you always have a tree blocking 1/2 the view. o_O. And it doesn't need to change so much either.
-You should show more of the story in the cinematic, that can add time and make it easier to understand and more original to viewers

Good job! :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Septimus

Reaction score
I watched it. Not bad considering it's made in GUI.

Not all map make in GUI was bad. At wc3c, many cinematic achievement map are make out of GUI.

However, that camera nearly made me sick.

It definitely needs work on the camera. It's as if there were 2 little boys throwing a camera to each other, and this is what the camera managed to film.

Sorry if the camera made you sick, need a plastic bag? :D

I make the camera constantly move as that is what a battle cinematic usually look like. I am sure you doesn't want to see a camera that stay frozen all the time (To be honest, I don't want my audience to fall asleep).

After all, I want user to view the terrain. :D

*The talking bit was WOW, I didn't think to put it in the middle like a real MOVIE.
*Camera like Romek said, was annoying, can't it stay damn still?
*Does a good cinematic need to be made in JASS or something? Try watching Holy Mother series.

It does stay still, but not more than 3 seconds. Prove of it to stay still? Just look at what happen when the samurai slash the ninja. :D

The camera was moving fast and slow depends on the motion, if there is a slow motion; the camera speed would goes down and so did it vise versa.

I make the camera move that way to follow the music rhytm, get it? haha:D

Find a focus when changing, don't show too many unnecessary things if you don't need to, like you always have a tree blocking 1/2 the view

Can you tell me where the other was? As far I know, it only occur once (When both of them slashing one another rapidly).

-You should show more of the story in the cinematic, that can add time and make it easier to understand and more original to viewers

I would if I manage to find the right assistant to help me. Making a good cinematic require a lot of time consumption, hardwork and teamwork.

I cannot add story as the music last about 2 minutes and the files size must not exceed 4mb since it was a multiplayer map.

By the way, what I would like to know more is the terrain. Is the terrain could use more touch up? Or it was fine the way it was.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You replied as if you have 2 choices with the Camera:
- Make people puke
- Make people sleep

There's that special one in between you know. That doesn't make people do either. :)

Septimus

Reaction score
You replied as if you have 2 choices with the Camera:
- Make people puke
- Make people sleep

There's that special one in between you know. That doesn't make people do either. :)

Cinematic was indeed boring if camera doesn't always on the move especially if it was a battle cinematic.

And it should always on the move depends on how it work out.

I have make a research on some epic battle cinematic, and the result was?
You got it, most of it was always on the move.

Unless there is a reason for it to stay frozen even for 3 seconds, then I would make it that way (Such as the finale/ending of this cinematic).

The camera move fast and slow depends on the motion. If you view some movies, you would notice a slow motion would always have a camera moving in slow paces. :D

In this cinematic, there is a lot of usage of slow/fast motion.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Oh, another thing, the music was bad imo. Didn't fit battle-style.

And you need to learn about camera views... there is a middle choice. :p Camera's don't always have to move to make it exciting if you find one that fits well. Once again, keep the focus. It's not to show the terrain if you're fighting. If you're showing terrain, then you're not fighting as your focus. And if you do move, there are different ways of moving. Instead of always rotating, try sliding sometimes. Rotation is good for specific ones such as slow-mo 3-D turning or trying to show something on the other side, but you seem to only use rotation.

But I'm not saying it's bad. :thup: Nice to see a cinematic! :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not talking about the camera constantly moving.
I think it's better if the camera doesn't stop for 5 seconds every 2 seconds.

It's just that when it moves, it shouldn't do 40 barrel rolls and move around at 400mph.

Septimus

Reaction score
Oh, another thing, the music was bad imo. Didn't fit battle-style.

Maybe you are not used to japanese theme music? :D

I'm not talking about the camera constantly moving.
I think it's better if the camera doesn't stop for 5 seconds every 2 seconds.

It's just that when it moves, it shouldn't do 40 barrel rolls and move around at 400mph.

Since when the camera stop that long?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Since when the camera stop that long?
I was agreeing with you that the camera stopping would be bad.
You seem to be saying that a moving camera is better than a still one.

Aeroblyctos

Reaction score
Yeah, it's boring if camera doesn't move. But it's also boring if the camera moves all the time.

Example my theory is that when I do cinematics, all dialogs that lasts under 6 second will have a camera stay in one position. If a dialog is longer than 6 second I will make the camera move... Almost always.

Does that sound sexy?

thewrongvine

Reaction score
No.

And I do listen to Japanese music a lot. :)

1) the camera doesn't have to move to make it interesting if you find a good view
2) there's different types of movements, so maybe varying; instant movement, sliding, rotation, zooming, flashing and blurring

Btw, is this going to continue? Or are you going to make more cinematics? :D I wan moar!

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
This is good but you could make the cinematic look more real time by adding less wait time. When I was watching it and the ninja or samurai went to hit him , it made me pretty bored during the first few minutes as it was not intensive.

Also, try to make this into a series or longer , I will be waiting for it :).

Septimus

Reaction score
This is good but you could make the cinematic look more real time by adding less wait time. When I was watching it and the ninja or samurai went to hit him , it made me pretty bored during the first few minutes as it was not intensive.

Also, try to make this into a series or longer , I will be waiting for it :).

It was slow motion... ;)

This was a battle cinematic, the battle time depends heavily on the music duration.

Septimus

Reaction score
bump*

Currently I trying to figure out how to declare a local variable (boolean) in jass to enable a proper subtitle for this map.

Anybody know how?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.