Building and learning to make a Website

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
I'm planing on (not 100% sure) to work on a Clan Site for my Warcraft III clan (The normal website sucks, and I think I cn make it better). I'm using www.byethost.com for my website host and I'm going to use Frontpage to make my website.

I'm just owndering two things. Would it be better to make a website with Frontpage, or learn HTML and do it with HTML. I'm finding HTML overwhelming and really hard, so I play around with Frontpage and the Geocities web page builder.

I made a few clan websites that people thought were good (usign Geocities web builder) but I want to be able to go further and learn HTML, for now I only know how to change colors, and text bold and link things, but I don't see how I can create a website nearly as good as one that I can build with Geocities.

I've been making simple sites for all my friends and I want to learn how to go further with this, but I don't really have an idea of a website I can build to work on this.

T

Tristian

Personally i suggest using HTML over geocites web site builder.

Here is a useful site where you could get HTML help and some other coding help like php, dhtml, java, asp, sql, css and some more.

http://www.htmlgoodies.com/

Good Luck!

Chile

The All Purpose Administrator
Reaction score
The first book I ever bought about html and really understood:

http://www.peachpit.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0321130073&rl=1

Personally, I found a written guide far more helpful than some poorly written website (opinion: although w3schools is a great site, it's really very hard to read for a novice because it's split into a billion seperate webpages for SEO reasons).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.