C++ or Java?

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Well I was wondering one day, "Which is better for game development, C++ or Java?"Of course we all know the answer. However I keep on seeing people saying C++ is old and outdated or C++ makes my code look like... Ya. I already know C++ but I was wondering, In a PC game (MMORPG) that gets updates and all that stuff, Which would be better?

Sorry if I don't make sense. If I don't just answer me which is better :D

+rep for answers :thup:

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I don't think that c++ is a language that can be outdated actually, c# is just a remake of it anyway:p

Is java not mainly a "browser" language?
I for one have never looked at java as a application-language:eek:

I think that c++ is better, but that is probably beacuse I use it myself:p

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
C++. And it's named JavaScript AFAIK. And JavaScript is a server-based langauge.
Also, most games are coded in C++ or C#.

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
I'm taking a C++ class and a OOD class that uses java to teach the concepts. I like C++ a lot more.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
C++ is more widely used and is very popular in the game industry, however Java may be a better choice if you are new to programming, as C++ is quite complicated.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
I guess it depends on the person, but for most people Java is somewhat easier.

LocalDude

Reaction score
well i have study java for almost 2 years in school and one year of c++ out side of school and i think that c++ is easer then java and I seam to be able to do more, and i don't need the command prompt to run the c++ executable file as you need in java.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
C++ is pretty much a widely used language for gaming, application design, network programming, pretty much most things. You're more likely to move on in the job direction with C++ than Java, most companies now a days use C++ for their coding.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.