Calling functions, how?

Reaction score
In GUI:
Depends on your function return type. If your function returns booleans, it will only show up in any parameter where you can input a boolean (e.g. Set BooleanVariable = [your_function] )

Based on your posting habits, you probably wanted to know about Galaxy though. Just posting for users who stumble upon the thread.

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
And if you want a function to do stuff, without giving a value, then you need to make an action definition instead of a function.

krainert

Reaction score
Thanks.
Frankly, I did mean in "GUI".
Is there really no way whatsoever of calling a function outside assignments?

EDIT:
Another simple question: Does "GUI" support maps of any type? I find myself needing to pair up regions and cameras (guess why).

Reaction score
Is there really no way whatsoever of calling a function outside assignments?

Of course, say that your function returns integers.
Then, you can use it in the Create Units action... as in:
Create [your_function] units for Player 1.

However, if your function does not return anything (as ZugZugZealot stated), you should transform it to an action so you may use it independently.

krainert

Reaction score
Right, assignment wasn't the word I was looking for; what I meant, and what seems to have just been confirmed, was if it really isn't possible to call functions as a statement (rather than an expression or element of one).

Anyway, I'd really love if somebody could answer this:
Another simple question: Does "GUI" support maps of any type? I find myself needing to pair up regions and cameras (guess why).

krainert

Reaction score
What's the reason for pairing regions and cameras?
I'm working on an engine for automatic intelligent third person cameras... A system called "Automated Camera Matrix", logically - only I don't really have a matrix to work with because I cannot pair different data types :)
Dunno if it would qualify as a matrix mathematically speaking anyway...
And frankly I worked around it which led to a significantly smarter system.
Anyway, maps are still pretty basic so I should hope they're available in "GUI" in some form.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.