Campaign Help

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Good map so far, I kind of thought it would be longer, but it is only the first part so I know there is much more to come
For how short it was it was still fun and not much really wrong with it
I saw a typo and something that could have been on purpose but i'm not sure
In quests for find Articus it says find Atticus, its not much but just thought I'd point it out
And for the find Darla's Husband quest, when Darla talks you can't hear anything and there isn't any text except for when it says new quest Find Darla's Husband, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that or not, but again thought I'd point it out.
When you go and find Darla's husband, it says the bandit is talking but again you can't hear anything and there isn't any text and it just made me curious as what he was saying, same goes for when you rescue darla's husband, I think he says something but can't hear or see anything.
BTW What are those two vultures for?
Good map so far to can't wait till the others come out

Arynth

Reaction score
Thanks, But I'm not sure whats going on with the 'no sound no text thing' It may just be your warcraft, we've tested this map about 200 times we would have noticed not text lol. It may just be your warcraft, but let me make sure and have some other people check it.

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
k it could be my warcraft but nothing has gone wrong with it before, but just in case you better check it, since I am quite curious as to what they said

Arynth

Reaction score
I had someone else test it and me and the other members tested it, we didn't see the problem? In the Darla quest, it isn't supposed to go to cinematic view, it's just quick text. The Bandits is another quick text at the bottom of the screen, are you trying to play the map separately or in the campaign?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've tested it. Done very well. Quite a lot of good points, I like the story so far.
I'll list some cons:
The terrain in the prologue is horrible. Too much noise, too few doodads, boring and dull.
The camera is quite choppy, it moves very quickly to a certain point, then takes ages to move to another.
Some of your grammar is bad. (Random capital letters, "You're adventure begins" should be "Your adventure begins" in the chapter 2 loading screen)
There is so much fog (Noticable at the beginning of the first level) It's green and ugly as well! xD
You need a sky. Black sky looks odd :)
You could make the quest button flash when you get a quest ^^
One of the optional quests (The first one actually) doesn't display text.
Allens tooltip is bad.
The path is so.. straightforward. It's actually annoying. You could make it obvious where to go without the fences completely blocking you away :p
The terrain in the first level is horrible.. How much noise can you possibly use?! Use smooth.. a LOT.
Why the mana and no spells?

I've subscribed to this thread and will post when I have found something new :)
If you need help, feel free to ask. I don't feel like working on my map for a while, so I've decided to help you :D (As a Beta tester, and as a helper if you need someone)

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
In the Campaign, I couldn't see bandit text but i just coulda missed it.

Arynth

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the thought and help, we're working on both maps now, the terrain has become a HUGE topic, and quite frankly I'm not the best at terraining so we've gotten a new member to our team (Thomas Eddington) to help with terrain. Romek, I'll message you here in a moment and possibly we can talk about how to improve everything.

Thanks again to all who tried it, this forums honestly got more feedback then the Hives forums, which I was thinking would be the complete opposite.

Remember all these are just betas we released to get the general outlook on what everyone felt.

Arynth

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

The Project is taking longer then expected, two of our terrainers had some personal life issues to attend to, so that put us back by about a mile. I'm here to ask for help again, but this time, those who help get to preview the first THREE Maps of the campaign before making a decision (Prologue, LightMapple, Journey to Davenport). So what am I here to ask for?

Well, at the moment we could use a little bit of everything, but we could really use

1) two-three terrainers, anyone who can help out would be greatly appreciated.

2) One or two Beta testers and quick fixers of certain bugs they may find, or can give a detailed list of pros and cons for each map and what the bug may be so we can fix it. Either or, but that would help a lot.

3) Anyone who wants to try and help is always welcomed, we could always find a use for anyone :).

The story is already written out, but if anyone would like to contribute to the story while helping, feel free! This is an open campaign, and we have really taken pride in what has been done so far. If any of you are interested in seeing an updated map, I will try to upload A small zip folder with LightMapple included.

If you would rather not worry about the story, thats fine too! This is not a 'job'. You have no obligation to it, except when you say you'll do something, do it =). Thanks to all who are interested, and I hope to receive some replys soon so we can start back off.

Thanks Everyone!

D

Diablo185

I'd help you, I honestly would..however...For one thing, My firewalls prevent me from hosting games, so i'm not able to increase the popularity, and second, I am no good at any sophisticated editing...I can do terrain and doodads and slight modifications perfectly fine...however, it looks like you've got the terrain and doodads down, as well as alot mof other nifty stuff...If you DO happen to need my assistance...I'd be willing to help to the best of my abilities. Now...This is going to be based around a novel/comic you're creating, am I right? if so, when should that be released to the public? And if you're just going to give it to friends for a while, could you PM me it if it's on your comp? Appreciate that you've read this, and good luck

Arynth

Reaction score
Well, a few things right off the bat:

One, We could use ANYONE, you said simple terrain, doodad placing, lets see what we can do with ya, see where we can fit you in, this is a huge learning process, I knew nothing about triggers until I started with the other people with the project and Now I'm fairly good with them lol.

As for the novel, It's a series I was writing and decided to try release it as a game first. But I'll certainly message you.

Arynth

Reaction score
Hey All! Quick Update!
We could really use a terrainer and a beta tester. If you're interested in the project, All we really need is one small map you made so we can see your terrain. City, Forest, whichever setting you'd like.

So if anyone is interested, I can send you the script were looking at so far for each map, I can send you the first four maps of the campaign, and we can take it from there! This is a well organized project, each member is asigned a 'skydrive' to upload their part of the campaign.

If you don't know what a skydrive is, it's a virtual harddrive you can upload practically anything to up to 5 gigs. Every member of the project is granted that.

More then likely, I will be creating a forum to host our campaign, so please stay tuned to this thread!

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
To me it looks like a bunch of custom models and that's it. They don't even go together.

Arynth

Reaction score
Lol, They do, If you'd like I can explain:

The Dragon is a dragon warlord, protecting mystcal items and such.

The Wizard in robes is the main hero, but he starts off as a simplier model at first until he learns how to control his powers.

The smaller dragons are part of the dragon army, they back Jeff, The Dragon Lord up. I'll post some new screenshots of what we have so far, if you played the beta stage you would have seen it's not a bundled mess of models, but rather pretty well organized. I'll try to post new screenshots here soon.

Arynth

Reaction score
Stone of Arynth is still Alive

Hey all, I know it's been a few months since I've been able to come into the forums, but here I am once again.

So far, the campaign has all but been progressive. I'm not sure where anyones at who I did have working on it with me, so at the moment, I'm looking for new people, new ideas, and new abilities.

If anyone is interested in the campaign still, or if you're not sure what I'm talking about, just look at this whole thread. The story remains the same, just need a few people to help make it happen. If interested, just reply back to this thread of Pm me for more details. Thanks to all who read and who are interested.

Arynth

Reaction score
sup fools, due to some fun projects in life, I have been inactive, but the campaign is not dead, give me a message if ANYONE is interested, at the moment I have noone on the project buy myself.

Campaign is still the same way we left off, with a few new models, apprecaite any and all help!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.