Campaign or RPG?

• Campaign

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • RPG

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters

stavious

Reaction score
I think it'd be worth for you to try an RPG.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think a single player RPG will be much easier to handle than a campaign, only have to do all the terraining and object editing once, and no game cache and the likes.
Also, since you're only making it for one player you can stretch its limits a lot and use a lot of special and interesting triggers, quests and stuff that won't work, or would be extremly hard to opperate, in a multi-player online RPG.
Give your character much depth and personality, which (since the gamers are now play alone and are thus not in any competition to reach a certain level first) they will have more time to explore. It could be really fun for you and the players if there is some ellaborate storyline to your game, which is something I haven't seen in a long time.
Either way though I hope your map turns out great, as I'm sure it will :thup: .

PS. I really liked the screenshots ;) .

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
RPG = Few guidelines, there are simply objectives, and many different ways to do it.

Campaign = Storyline, gives players something to follow, but requires a good storyline.

Campaigns are fun when they're done well, and include manycinematics that are not boring. Make sure you have a good storyline for one of these. :)

RPGs are boring to me. Very few are done well enough to keep my attention. In WC3, making an interesting RPG is hard, because it means you have to have new systems, and bypass many of the limits (say 6 items max for heroes). However, many map makers that do this do not include information for people new to the game, and usually I get bored of not having a clue of what I'm doing.

Levelling is BORING in WC3 unless you have awesome looking abilities.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.