Gaming Can 'World of Warcraft' make you smarter?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
BOSTON - Parents, don't put away those video games just yet — today's gamer may be tomorrow's top surgeon.

Researchers who gathered in Boston for the American Psychological Association convention detailed a series of studies suggesting video games can be powerful learning tools — from increasing younger students' problem-solving potential to improving the suturing skills of laparoscopic surgeons.

One study even looked at whether playing "World of Warcraft," the world's biggest multiplayer online game, can improve scientific thinking.

The conclusion? Certain types of video games can have benefits beyond the virtual thrills of blowing up demons.

Read the whole story here.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
World Official Wrestling? Wreath of Wagner? Wonka's Outstanding Wagtubbles?

Please, it could be anything, other than World Of Warcraft.

Just so you can be under control...:p

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
World Official Wrestling? Wreath of Wagner? Wonka's Outstanding Wagtubbles?

Please, it could be anything, other than World Of Warcraft.

Just so you can be under control...:p

World of Warcraft is the most widely known example given to people .. why not World of Warcraft? hehehe.

shawtybaby

Reaction score
World of Warcraft makes you smarter?

Last thing i've heard was that it makes you less healthy.

Rather stay healthy than a bit smarter.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
In the future ::

Boss Guy: Mr Devaney, I read through your resume and it appears you played World of Warcraft?
Mr Devaney: Yes. Yes I have, now do I get to be a brain surgeon like I applied for?
Boss Guy: You got the job! We have a patient in the hall waiting for you. Since you played World of Warcraft, we're assuming you already know what to do.
Mr Devaney: Yeah, I'll be right back and get my strategy guide

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
not on my server its full of retards. theres the "wts [legendary weapon pre bc - windseeker something] and then they say anal [then link a spell] its so fucking annoying

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
have we not learned anything from the south park make love not warcraft episode???
WE MUST GIVE THEM THE SWORD OF A THOUSAND TRUTHS!

although this could be a good excuse when my dad tells me to not play as much wc3 ^^

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
i don't know about WoW but i diffidently think warcraft 3 world editor makes you smarter! i am less then average at world editor but the things i have taught myself and learnt from sites such as this really helps me in my Physics, Advanced maths and Engineering maths! i am pretty sure that if i didnt use world editor i would be failing these courses atm! haha.. and my parents used to always so games never helped anybody.. :p

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
not on my server its full of retards. theres the "wts [legendary weapon pre bc - windseeker something] and then they say anal [then link a spell] its so fucking annoying

you wouldn't happen to be on Cho'gall?

lol, we had the Anal [spell] thing going for 48+ hour straight.

our item of choice is ruby red slippers.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
lawl I got so many warnings from Anal the next one is a ban lol... or maybe it was my stick figure guy getting head by a stick figure girl on all fours getting anal by another stick figure on the right. Id so post it right now but I dunno if I should. ^_^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.