Like:

constant integer bj_MAX_SKELETONS = 25

to

constant integer bj_MAX_SKELETONS = 50

?

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
those constants are nice things to have, they allow u to move things around in functions, without using cache

for example, i often need to store a player, so I use

set bj_groupEnumOwningPlayer = GetOwningPlayer(unit)

what you can do is

set bj_MAX_SKELETONS = what ever integer u want

and from then on it will be that, unless you change it again

I think

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
i could be wrong but bj_MAX_SKELETONS is a constant while bj_groupEnumOwningPlayer isn't. usually constants cannot be set after declaring...
and to answer the question...yes you can use a custom blizzard.j, but it takes plenty of space so think again is it worth it just to change one variable.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score

As far as I know there are issues when using custom blizzard.j imported in the map while on multiplayer. hmnn, now that I have bnet I should test this

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
ive learned something once again

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
SFilip said:
i could be wrong but bj_MAX_SKELETONS is a constant while bj_groupEnumOwningPlayer isn't. usually constants cannot be set after declaring...
and to answer the question...yes you can use a custom blizzard.j, but it takes plenty of space so think again is it worth it just to change one variable.

bj_MAX_SKELETONS is a constant. It can not be changed after its declaration (So you can't modify it), like bj_MAX_ITEM_LEVEL, and also like all events, conditions, actions, attack types, defence types, map flag...
bj_groupEnumOwningPlayer is just a non-declared (In World Editor but not in-game) variable that has a value that can be changed.

If you import a modified blizzard.j and if you play with it in a multiplayer map, there are some weird issues and also blizzard.j will try to override blizzard.j of your mpq (Scripts\Blizzard.j)

What about common.ai?

I want to set some globels...

You have to import the whole AI file to the game located at Scripts\common.ai. I don't know how triggers work in, but you can define constants integers (unitId, skillId, upgradeId and specialId) and normal booleans variable (I don't recommand you to change booleans fixed values). Also, there is a special function you can use in common.ai that is located at the line 660.
Code:
constant integer INSANE             = 4
The 4 is never used (Instead of INSANE, it is HARD), you can set it to 3, and set this to 4.
Code:
constant integer HARD               = 3
What will it do? It will increase the difficulty when Insane is 3 (Converted, it results to Computer (Insane) ), and Hard to 4 (Converted, it results nothing).

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
it is because the ai need to know the units code, so i thought you "just" could alter common.ai units code to your own units code...

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
It SHOULD work, but if you mess with functions, in-game they need to be correct to the custom .j as well. I accidentally messed with it, and every single trigger I had returned an error. It can mess up in multiplayer, but if your very careful, there shouldn't be a problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.