Cannot Delete Posts Anymore?

Tonks

Reaction score
Why did we lose the ability to delete our posts?

It's not a big deal; I just tried to do so the other day and found I couldn't. I don't really like asking an Admin or a moderator to delete things every time I need it.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
if things need to be deleted we will find them, no need to do it urself

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
NBTUIYWSD (Nice Button To Use If You Want Something Deleted):
report.gif

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Why did we lose the ability to delete our posts?

It's not a big deal; I just tried to do so the other day and found I couldn't. I don't really like asking an Admin or a moderator to delete things every time I need it.

The two things in bold are your reasons.

You just tried to do it. Mind if I ask what you tried to delete? And why? And what good reason there was for said post to NOT be there?

And yeah, no one ever seems to ask an Admin or mod before deleting whole threads after they get their questions answered or whatever.

Being an "SM" with the custom title doesn't mean you get to think you're better than everyone and can make it look like you don't need help. The delete post thing was originally designed to be used to delete your own double posts or if you regretted posting something (like maybe losing your temper and flaming someone)

Not for your image. Screw your image. :)

Tonks

Reaction score
You just tried to do it. Mind if I ask what you tried to delete? And why? And what good reason there was for said post to NOT be there?

No need to be rude to me, Seth. I actually intended to delete several posts in my project thread so that I could merge the update messages together.

And yea, it was useful for accidental double-posts, etc..

As I said, not a big deal.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> What is a sm?
We used to have a group of people called Special Members, with a private forum etc. but it didn't work out so well...
ATM SMs are the ones that have a custom title (you get one with 100+ rep if I'm not mistaking).

I

IKilledKEnny

Well actually I deleted few of my posts (well 400 of them :( ) few weeks ago, and then I got massage asking me not to do so. I don't know if those things are related (the fact that all members removed their ability to remove and my idiotic act of deleting theards) but I did miunderstood when you should or shouldn't remove posts.I learned only in cases of double posts and such you should delete theards, those things are found by admins in minutes (usually) so I guess they could do it with no need of our assistance. :)

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
>I get massage
Massage from deleting posts, not even we admins have that privilege. And you guys wonder why we removed it from you...

Anyway, just use the report button in those situations where you previously used the delete button and everything is almost as it used to be. With the difference that members don't have to delete 400 of there posts before we notice that something is wrong :p

Tonks

Reaction score
>I get massage
Massage from deleting posts, not even we admins have that privilege. And you guys wonder why we removed it from you...

Anyway, just use the report button in those situations where you previously used the delete button and everything is almost as it used to be. With the difference that members don't have to delete 400 of there posts before we notice that something is wrong :p

Well, as far as I know, I never did anything wrong with it, so that's why I was curious.

Anyways, I was only wondering. It just disappeared, and I wasn't sure if you had meant it to.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
...members have the power to delete their posts, not such a good idea :O

Members with those powers are trusted enough (I guess) to make smart decisions :)

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
so if i report can u delete all my junkies? (my messeges which are not containing much of information or just some garbage spam)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
You report and we will judge whether it's spam/junk or whatever.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't have to do that. You do not have to clean up after yourself like that. Only report stuff you really HAVE to have deleted. For other stuff, just don't worry about it.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> can you delete all my junk

Too much work...
Those first 1000+ posts of yours are lost in time anyway already. Nothing to worry about anymore.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.