- Reaction score
- You must allow ports 6112-6119 TCP and UDP out and in, through all firewalls! - MOST COMMON PROBLEM!
-Linksys Port Forwarding
-Netgear Port Forwarding
-D-Link Port Forwarding
-Windows XP Firewall (comes from SP2)
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Security Center > Windows Firewall
- Either go to the Exceptions tab and allow the ports, or turn the firewall off.
-Blizzard's Firewalls and Hosting Games Thread
-Blizzard's General Port Forwarding Page
-TH Guide - Firewalls and Hosting on Battle.net -by SD_Ryoko
-Port Forward.com List of Routers
- Do you have multiple computers using the same external IP address (LAN)?
- You must use ports consecutively to allow this to work.
- For example: You have internal IPs of 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11.
- The first IP 18.104.22.168 would need port 6112, the next IP 22.214.171.124 would need port 6113.
- Make sure to install all current patches. If you cannot download from battle.net, here is a list:
- Reduce the problem to the router or computer (do each step separately):
-Connect MODEM directly to computer, test.
-Turn OFF all software related to firewalls, test.
- Make sure your modem doesn't include an internal router/firewall. Research this information before posting.
- Check the Options menu in the game to make sure the port number matches the port you are forwarding.
- Use a static IP address (prevents the internal IP address from changing).
Fixes/Information for other common problems:
-Temporary Restrictions/IP Bans
-Unable to Validate Game Version
Any other COMMON problems you can think of? Post a reply to this thread and I'll implement it into this list. If none of your problems are resolved by these steps, please post a new thread.