Castle Conquerors

Nathan0093

Reaction score
For those who's interested, check out my other topic for details: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83838

@knight7770:

Here are the siege units i came up with:
Catapult - long range siege weapon. Expensive, slow and vulnerable unit.
Battering Ram - Close range siege weapon. Highly resistant to arrow attacks but weak against melee attacks. Very durable.
Ballista - slightly weaker and cheaper than catapult. It's also more effective against ground units compare to catapult.

Nathan0093

Reaction score
I can't find any fitting projectile art for the Ballista. How do I get the projectile that the ROC ballista uses? Changing the model version to ROC didnt help.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
You could probably find a huge arrow custom model somewhere. I'll look when I can :D

Knight7770

Reaction score
If you destroy the gate, then capture the castle, the gates becomes yours. For any gate you own, you will be able to repair it, but for a cost. That's going to come into effect in a later version :p

For the ballista model: that's almost worse, because the projectile would look so strange compared to the huge arrow that comes with the model.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
OHHHH I GET IT! I tried your map again. You use the wisp to capture... im stupid lol. The wisp can fly so u capture ur castle, and it gives you control of the gates to open and close.

And the ballista thing... well we ARE looking for a projectile... so you could find one that matches the model.

Knight7770

Reaction score
I think that: a) You should tell the player what to do with the Wisp; and b) Destroy the Wisp after its purpose is complete.

Nathan0093

Reaction score
THe wisp disappears after you used it to pick your castle of choice. When you attack and seize a castle with a Hero, he/she wont disappear. And yes, I will be sure to put on some basic instructions on the loading screen.
P.S Im currently working on setting the units' stats.

All players will have access to the following units
Barracks - Footman, Pikeman, and Javeliner (might wanna add another one here, any idea guys?)
Archery Range - Marksman, Longbow Archer, and Musketeer
Stable - Cavalry, Armored Cavalry, Bow Rider, and Mounted Gunner
Siege Workshop - Catapult, Ballista, and Ram

Hall of Heroes - General, Knight Lord, Ranger, Sorcerer (anything else needs adding here?)

Nathan0093

Reaction score
The one thing I'm concerned with is that the players might abuse the gate repairing feature. Maybe we can make it so that the defending player has to wait x seconds (30 maybe?) to repair the gate after it's being destroyed.

Knight7770

Reaction score
If you're going to implement a new race, use this guide and this tool.

Good luck :D

P.S. Make the wait longer; maybe 1 minute. That forces the player to use his repairs strategically.

Nathan0093

Reaction score
@knight7770: My bad, man. I haven't done creating the buildings and units yet. The peasant is supposed to be able to build things such as:
Farm - increase food limit (the # of farms you can build will be limited by the # of castles you own.)
House - gives you income of 5 gold per minute.
Hall of Heroes - summon and revive Heroes here.
Barracks - train infantry units here.
Archery Range - train ranged units here. (requires barracks built)
Stable - train mounted units here. (also requires barracks built)
Siege Workshop - build siege units. (requires all previous three)
Blacksmith - this building contains various upgrades.
Lumber Mill - wood chopping and storing facility.
Arcane Vault (i'd prefer a better model with a better name) - this sells various basic items like Healing Potion, Mana Potion, etc.

I'll come up with some towers as well.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Cool. It's not your fault that the game is still in its beta stage (well, it is because you created it, but you know what I mean :p). Just keep developing it, and then post the next version as soon as you can. I might be able to do some direct work on it then.

Nathan0093

Reaction score
@thewrongvine: dude, I'm still working on the units. Wait 'till I'm done then I'll upload the map so that you all can take a look at it. In the meantime help me figure this out. Can you come up with one regular and the ultimate ability for the Ranger hero? He currently has either Searing Arrow/Cold Arrow and Trueshot Aura.

Knight7770

Reaction score
We would need to know what kind of hero the Ranger is. What's his theme, etc.?

Nathan0093

Reaction score
Trading will also be included. Hopefully I can figure out how to make it works with triggers. The idea is that you have to manually move the trading unit (Merchant Cart) to the trading post, buy the trading item, bring it back to your Market (built by peasant) to earn extra gold. The same concept works for trading on water with trading ships.

Knight7770

Reaction score
That's a good idea, but we still need to know the theme of the Ranger.

P.S. Post your map here so we can look at it ;)

Nathan0093

Reaction score
Ranger (not dark ranger) is just like Sylvanas the Elf Ranger Hero with a custom model. He would have an auto-cast arrow ability, Trueshot Aura. It's the other ability and the ultimate one that I need ideas for. I supposed I could go with Starfall for the ultimate ability but that is kinda redundant and too powerful.
One of the other hero is the General (pally model). He has Holy Light, Impenetrable Formation (grants bonus armor and hp regen when activated), Bash, and possibly Resurrection. I might replace Resurrection with the Holy Protector (summons a powerful angel unit.)
Another is the Knight Lord who's also a strength hero (arthas on horse model). He has Shockwave, Trample (war stomp), command aura, and possibly Avatar (any better idea for the ultimate?)

Nathan0093

Reaction score
The ones I listed are just basic heroes that everyone can get. There will also be Neutral heroes for hired outside the castles.
P.S. I also need to design a magical hero. Can anyone help with this?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.