Castles Campaign (No Real Name Yet)

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
yeah i read your pm :D
and i dont really need anything at the moment, im still terraining :D

WastedSavior

Reaction score
i updated the coastal map, if anyone wants to take a look the attachment in the first post is up-to-date
also added new screen shots and the "objectives" area (although not very useful, just explanation for people :D)

stavious

Reaction score
WastedSavior said:
i updated the coastal map, if anyone wants to take a look the attachment in the first post is up-to-date
also added new screen shots and the "objectives" area (although not very useful, just explanation for people :D)
Beautiful screenshots. :)
So the main thing, is you doing traveling services and other errands for people on the island? Are you a warrior, mage, priest or what? Are there bosses, or a main stroyline (or other main characters)? If you tell us this, it'll help expand on the plot for you a lot ;).

WastedSavior

Reaction score
stavious said:
Beautiful screenshots. :)
So the main thing, is you doing traveling services and other errands for people on the island? Are you a warrior, mage, priest or what? Are there bosses, or a main stroyline (or other main characters)? If you tell us this, it'll help expand on the plot for you a lot ;).

thanks, i love terraining

pretty much, you wander around doing quests, some big, some small, being a mage/warrior/priest is up to you, as you do quests for important people, you can learn 3 kinds of magic, become better at melee, etc

there are bosses, but not really in the typical boss sense, you dont go around find some guy in a cave, run through the cave and each level is someone stronger (although in a small sense that could happen)
usually in rpgs you fight bosses and they get stronger, im thinking scenarios like, you help an assassin and his guild assassinate the king, if you kill the assassins, you get one up on the kings politcal list and he trusts you more, if you kill the king, you can either back stab the assassin and try to become king, or someone else can take over, it'll be very complicated lol
there arn't really other main characters, everyone is expendable, you can kill them yourselves, although it may affect quests, like you decide to kill the captain of the guards, you can no longer do quests for him, but it wont be the end of the game.. (if you go on a rampage there will be a counter for civilians left) you kill all civilians you win, like i said, there will be multiple ways to win :D

stavious

Reaction score
Story Idea

It's called the Castles Campaign right? So why not make it an exciting campaign. (Just wondering though... doesn't a campaign mean more than one map? :confused: ).
I got a storyline you might like:
You are the Prince, a son of a powerful and wealthy King. One day though your father is mysteriously killed, with only two things sure: It was no accident and it will end in war :eek: . Being the Prince, you are the suitable heir to the throne, but it is not very likeable among the wisemen of the palace, for you are still young. You are angry at your father's death and swith places with one of your servants (who pretends to be you) and escape the palace in order to find and kill the ones responsible to your father's death. So you wander the kingdom, and the others in the region, without people knowing you are the prince, and you looking for the people to kill, while going through a lot of adventures and quests which all (or most) lead you to finding the truth.
That can be the general plot if you want, and you can take it all (cause I'm not planning on using it in one of my maps soon at all ;) ). I can add a lot more ideas in that if you want me to (like the servant pretending to be you, is also murdered at some point in the game :eek: ).
Like that? :D

WastedSavior

Reaction score
i have multiple maps, i posted 2 of them in the first thread Oo
i really wanted to avoid the typical campaign, i mean come on how sterio type is being a prince whos seeking revenge? prince of persia anyone? :D
but i like the concept of revenge fueling your actions, ill think about it, although i dont think ill do it exactly

stavious

Reaction score
WastedSavior said:
i have multiple maps, i posted 2 of them in the first thread Oo
i really wanted to avoid the typical campaign, i mean come on how sterio type is being a prince whos seeking revenge? prince of persia anyone? :D
but i like the concept of revenge fueling your actions, ill think about it, although i dont think ill do it exactly
First off, Prince of Persia is a good game :p .
But seriously, it is old because people don't make it original. If you didn't just make it killing people, but build a romance story around it, events of true loyalty to your people or church, risk taking moments, and terrifying bosses, it can be really original. Just think about it. ;)

WastedSavior

Reaction score
stavious said:
First off, Prince of Persia is a good game :p .
But seriously, it is old because people don't make it original. If you didn't just make it killing people, but build a romance story around it, events of true loyalty to your people or church, risk taking moments, and terrifying bosses, it can be really original. Just think about it. ;)

okay, main thread i updated with "story" a short intro to the story :D

Edit: I've edited quite a bit of the main thread, so re-read it, i hope its a little more clear this time!

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
I must say I'm impressed of the work your doing. I do though agree that the fact of the interior being well plain and well ugly.
I hope your updates to the interiors work as planed since there are many ways to make it satisfying and also updated pics not bad better then the castle interior of course :p

WastedSavior

Reaction score
im very pleased with the way the coastal map is coming along, and rather disgruntled by the castle, i have to finish it, only around 60% done, but im avoiding it, im not sure why lol

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Ideas

Ok, I’m very imaginative and one day hope of starting a video game making company, any ways I have lots of ideas, and i read and own, this really good book that can help you. It’s called Heir Apparent. It’s about this girl in like I think its 21 century but the video games are advanced. They are like virtual reality and simulate real life games. She goes the place that the games are at because she got a certificate for her birthday (it is in the book not real though lolz) and she decides to pick the game heir apparent. That part is not about the campaign but the Game Heir Apparent is. The game simulates the girl as a Sheppard girl (not important to campaign) who was notified that she was the chosen heir of the king, who died, and she has 4 other brothers and she was born of a different mother, the original and first wife. The other wife is out to kill the girl because she wasn’t one of her 4 sons to be king. The thing of the game is its choice making like the campaign, and there is over millions of ways to die and win. I know you could never do that but any way, the things that happen are based on the person's decision. There are many different characters, and there are some KEY elements that you must get in anyway to advance to the next level. like if you do not accomplish the key thing, you will not last long, I don’t no if you want to do that in the campaign. And there are many mystical items, and people who you can trust, you must have a person to trust I think you should use this in you campaign, if you trust the wrong people combinations then, dead, they kill you, I think you should maybe have it, cuz the queen wants her sons to kill her, and they don’t always try to. There’s one Key element that she has, that’s if she gets the one item that you must have to beet the game, the thing is it doesn’t make you play the whole thing then you like get to the end and SHIT I don’t have it cant win, instead you shortly die. the key element was this ring, I forget what its called, it can get some one to do what ever you want, just by saying take this ring, but a person can only use it once and the person who it controlled Must Take it and can not take it off unless death(to them). The barer of the ring must do what told. For my ideas on items just ask, I have a couple, I might create a strength potion that you can get from a local wizard or almost or something like that that makes you strong, I’m thinking about making it.....
Sorry for the HUGE amount of words BUT i sugjest you read all of it or i can high light the important OH and I can help you with the website check out the one i made for clan mega, dieing clan www.clanmega.freehosting.net

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
:/

i no i cant help it. it comes with the site, we might need to get a better sever, if i pay like 3 bucks a month it will go away :/ i never say teh pop up cus i block them :) Oh do you need a forum http://s7.invisionfree.com/MegaMapMakers/ i dint make it but i can get the maker to talk to u, hes never on wc3 though. AND DID YOU READ the whole thing ? O and one more thing to you have an acount on wc3sear.ch im guessing you do, and what is it?

WastedSavior

Reaction score
yes, i think we can salvage it for ideas, but im going to continue with the story i have at the moment :D

I dont need a forum, we've got this here, im not even 100% that we need a website, we've got this (once again) lol
a website just makes us look professional :D

WastedSavior

Reaction score
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
What do you think of the names?

what names? are you posting in the wrong thread? lol

aslo, no i dont have a wc3sear.ch sn, i haven't seen the need to.. they wouldn't accept my skins anyways :D lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.