Cavez on Observer and Medivac

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Today Cavez (Dustin Browder who is the Starcraft II Lead Designer) answered a question about the Observer and Medivac. Nothing new or interesting about the Observer, but an interesting answer from the Medivac question.

When you released the fansite update there were unit renders in there that were missing, and i assume that is because they are still being worked on and finalized. I noticed there wasnt a render for the Protoss Observer. Does this mean that the art is being changed from what is on the Starcraft 2 site?

I hope so, because Observers look great in SC1 but the new ones look a little too much like a flying octopus.

Are there any new abilities/upgrades for Observers?

Thanks.
Cavez said:

Observer art is still being worked on, but I wouldn't expect a ton of changes. If you want to post on its current look, please do. As to function, he is such a clean and fun little unit we haven't felt the need for any changes to how he works. If you guys want to make suggestions on the Observer we will be happy to look at them.

Upgrades are something we are still working on. So I don't know what is going to happen there yet.
Source: Battle.net

The Medivac's healing beam, (that has been gracefully nicknamed the "Paladin Beam" can heal biological units at range correct?

My question is this, can a "Paladin Beam" heal zerg air units?

I foresee some interesting Z T stratagies in the works.
Cavez said:

The ability works on all Zerg units (including air).
Source: Battle.net

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I dislike and like the fact SCII will be very different from SCI, at the same time.

Yeah, back then all these options and cool stuff wasn't possible, but it kept SCI simple.

But in contrast, now we have so much to discover.

I know it'll take me at least a week just to launch the game and complete the tutorial missions...

kingbdogz

Reaction score
I dislike and like the fact SCII will be very different from SCI, at the same time.

Yeah, back then all these options and cool stuff wasn't possible, but it kept SCI simple.

But in contrast, now we have so much to discover.

I know it'll take me at least a week just to launch the game and complete the tutorial missions...

That is all personal opinion though, the majority prefer new mechanics and such. I mean it is a sequal after all, not Starcraft 1.5 with 3D. And what is not to like? The changes aren't drastically huge (unlike some game sequals that change the core gameplay it self), mostly just new abilitys and they are still pretty simple.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Allthough I like some updates, tiny things like this are just silly.. Theres a big chance it will change, and I can find the gameplay out when the game is finished.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Allthough I like some updates, tiny things like this are just silly.. Theres a big chance it will change, and I can find the gameplay out when the game is finished.

Compared to the little information Blizzard currently feeds us, this is very big news to a lot of us and can alter how Zerg and Terran team battles are played out.

Reaction score
And besides, these are just random replies to the SC2 BattleNet forums. They don't post much there or answer to most of the questions, but I guess that a bit of info is better than none at all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.