Changing number of testing CPU players

elpini0

Reaction score
Hi, I'm creating a new map which requires player bounty, and when I was testing my progress, I found that when I killed a unit which didn't belong to Blue player (automatically assigned CPU testing player by World Editor), Bounty wasn't recieved...

This, I assumed, is because the "player gives bounty Enable" action only works with players (CPU or non-CPU, whatever) actually playing, not with units belonging to a player who's not playing (You know which players are playing because they appear at the loading screen)

Is there anyway I can change the players that play when I Test a map in the World Editor?

Or can I change the condition of "player must be playing to give bounty"?

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
#1- This thread isn't in the right area, lol. This is def not a tutorial or a resource :eek:

#2- players 0-11 work and 14 works for bounty.

#3- make sure the players are enemies

#4- make sure bounty is turned on for player-
[ljass]SetPlayerState(player, PLAYER_STATE_GIVES_BOUNTY, 1)[/ljass]

1 is traditionally true
0 is traditionally false

states always use limit operations (EQUAL, LESS_THAN, GREATER_THAN, etc)

elpini0

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry, i know its not in the right area, but after 10 hours of looking tutorials looking for several answers to many other problems, my head coudln't reason too much, sorry...:banghead:

Please, could an administrator move this thread to it's correct place? :rolleyes:Thank you very much

And regarding to your answer... I'm just starting with the game, so I'm not used to JASS yet.

#2- players 0-11 work and 14 works for bounty.
I don't understand this... Player 0??? player 14?? I thought players went from 1 to 12...

#3- make sure the players are enemies
Yep :shades: I made a Trigger to avoid Teamkilling between units I assigned bounty:
Trigger:
  • Friendly fire
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is Attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Unit-type of (Attacked unit)) is Un zapador) Equal to True
      • (Team number of (Owner of (Attacked unit))) Equal to (Team number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop

NOTE: I use spanish version of WE, so some i couldn't translate things like "Un zapador" (which is the goblin that explodes unit-type) to english.

#4- make sure bounty is turned on for player-
SetPlayerState(player, PLAYER_STATE_GIVES_BOUNTY, 1)

1 is traditionally true
0 is traditionally false

states always use limit operations (EQUAL, LESS_THAN, GREATER_THAN, etc)

This is JASS, no? Could I do this without JASS?

I'm sorry, I'm newbie yet, so I don't understand too much all the language and tools of WE. Sorry :(

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
the GUI func is like Player - Turn player flag... And the chooseable string is Gives bounty.
Player 13 - neutral hostile
Player 14 - neutral passive
Player 0 - i dont think this player exists
Bounty works, no matter if the player is player, cpu, leaver or just never played. And you cant set a players number or activity in-game except by defeating or giving victory.

elpini0

Reaction score
Bounty works, no matter if the player is player, cpu, leaver or just never played

So, how do you explain that when testing the map, in the loading screen the only 3 players are ME (red), ORANGE(CPU 6) and BROWN(CPU 12) (for which i disabled bounty giving) and when i kill a green (enemy, player 7) unit that i created previously it doesn't give bounty??? (though it DOES give experience)

Admit

Reaction score
the GUI func is like Player - Turn player flag... And the chooseable string is Gives bounty.
Player 13 - neutral hostile
Player 14 - neutral passive
Player 0 - i dont think this player exists
Bounty works, no matter if the player is player, cpu, leaver or just never played. And you cant set a players number or activity in-game except by defeating or giving victory.

Player numbers goes from 0-11 in Jass. Player 0 is Red and Player 1 is Blue and so on.

Trigger:
  • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for Player 12 (Brown)

Should do make you get bounty from player Brown.

If that doesn't work you might have edited something in "Gamplay Constants" or with the unit stats in Object Editor:

* Stats - Gold Bounty Awarded - Base
* Stats - Gold Bounty Awarded - Number of Dice
* Stats - Gold Bounty Awarded - Sides per Die

Make sure all of those three on the unit's is greater than 0.

elpini0

Reaction score
Player numbers goes from 0-11 in Jass. Player 0 is Red and Player 1 is Blue and so on.

Trigger:
  • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for Player 12 (Brown)

Should do make you get bounty from player Brown.

If that doesn't work you might have edited something in "Gamplay Constants" or with the unit stats in Object Editor:

* Stats - Gold Bounty Awarded - Base

Make sure all of those three on the unit's is greater than 0.

Dude, I said "player 6 and player 12 are CPU players, for which i disabled bounty giving", that meaning that i DO get bounty for killing them when i turn it on.

And no, it doesnt requie that

are both greater than 0.

Whatever, what i finally made was making ALL PLAYERS CPU. That way, they do give bounty, but when i save the map i must change that again...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.