Arena --|-> Character Creation <-|--

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
--|-> Character Creation <-|--

Hello!

I was sitting in front of the computer, thinking on an idea for a Warcraft III, then I came up with this idea:

Either you load an old hero or create a new one. Each hero will have this model. The fighting system will be a bit like Oblivions, with you getting better and better at what you use. If you for example use aiding skills for lets say 20 times, you get a point in aiding skills, and when you get 10 points you will be able to chose that skill and at 20 points this skill etc. If you fight with bow, you will deal more damage with bow over time and if you fight with shield and one-handed weapons you will deal more damage with one-handed weapons and protect yourself better with a shield etc. What I want with this is that you should form your own hero completely. Now to the main point: You can fight other players in the arena, in order to win gold, fame and arena points. Items will cost gold & arena points, but you can't buy the best ones without fame. You will be able to save / load your hero in order to fight other players in other games, you can also form teams in order to fight other player teams and win more fame. Well, this is what I came up with, tell me if it is a good or bad idea. And if it's a good idea, tell me if you want to join the making of it :)

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
bad one... ever seen a SUPER POWER VILLAGER WITH 999999 dmg.. vs a new player that uses a normal villager?

with this.. I think we can.!

fantastic isn't it?.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
The idea is not bad, but you shouldn't let people load their heroes, because that way the gap between players who play it for the first time and experienced players becomes even bigger.

Also, I thought you were working on a worms map?

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
I like the general idea a lot but, as stated above, the player with the level 99 moster wont be fun to play against.

Leazy

Reaction score
Ofcourse, there would be some limitation. You can't get points if you fight a guy 10 lvls lower. And yes, I am working on a worms map but since my inspiration is gone atm, I'm working on this untill I get more ideas.

TyrealFEAR

Reaction score
I personally don't care for the pvp but hows about u make it an rpg with an option for pvp i don't like pvp because of the guy with 99999999999999999999Atk and the nub with 6-12 and 0 armor and 1hps regen i mean come on but if u could have a pvp system that has those popup menu u know what ima talkin bout saying sosoandsoso wants to fight u and the lower lvl can challenge the higher lvl so they shud probably know what there getting into
plus if ure makin a map id love to help protect it cause ima hacker so i know how to stop hackers [via jass] but that's if u want my help

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I would like the idea if it was similar to the weapons in Team Fortress 2. In that game, each weapon is a different weapon, not necessarily an upgrade. It gains some, it loses some.

I like the idea of players getting more powerful in one aspect the more that they use it, though I think that it should also make them weaker in another. Character loading would be alright with this method (IMO), because it would allow you to create multiple characters (e.g. a support hero, a defensive hero, an offensive hero, etc).

I don't like the idea of EVERY hero having the exact same model, though I like the idea of generic players. Perhaps 3 very generic models would be sufficient, for players who specialize in an area?

By the way, simply not giving points for players who are higher levels (if that's the way you end up choosing to do it) is simply not enough to make it fair for a noob. A noob will still be unable to do anything, including get any experience, which means you have an unhappy "customer" so-to-speak. Higher level players will still enjoy killing someone, and they will not bother to check to see what level the player they are "owning" is.

Leazy

Reaction score
Thanks for the aspects. I am thinking, maybe a map where you can choose ANY model for your hero, like farseer or paladin - whatever, but I belive the animations of the spells would look messed up then =/

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
If you find enough attachments to give a decent variation to the player's avatar, then using the same model isn't so bad. With a save/load code it would be nice if everyone had the same model to begin with, and then over time due to achievements and item acquirements it changed it's appearance.

You could get around the whole imba arena fights thing by having the battles set up using some pre-match dialogue. Player's could cycle through a list of settings so that lower levels can gain handicaps, temporary uber weapons or team up on a higher level player. That way a pro could still gain xp from killing noobs, yet the noobs still have a chance against an uber-powered regular.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.