Character Selection Dialog!

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
Heres a RPG Dialog system i made that lets you Setup a diffrent way of selecting Characters, everything you will need to edit is in the first trigger and in the comments box at the top ive listed the files that need to be edited and copyed

Welcome Menu
WC3SCRNSHOT_022207_215417_01.gif

Character Select Menu
WC3ScrnShot_022207_215325_01.gif

P.S. Leave Feedback please!

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
it has a wait 10 Seconds at the start, sort of a lag saftey i put in for low connection players, to change it you just need to change the

Welcome Menu Run Event to whatever you want. :)

D

Deathell

Still doesnt work :(

I think it's because 2/5 of the triggers are half red (like, half of the paper icon is red)

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
It worked for me.
Looks good, but the text that explains the heroes doesn't look right.
Try chopping the lines off a little, so they won't be so long.

With some work this can become a nice way to start your map. :)
+rep

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
A very shallow point of view (I haven't dled the map):

Cons:
It looks like each player needs a hero selection region.
Dialogs are clumsy, ugly and troublesome to work with.

Pros:
It seems like you system has the possibility for loading a existing hero.
Even though it's done with dialogs, the hero creation dialog gives a good overview of the hero.

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
Hmm, it sounds like the variables are missing, if you copyed it to another map you have to get all the variables otherwise it wont load properly

As for the text, i just used a quick Copy Paste of the 2 heros from the tooltips as a way to demo what people can do, i tried to make it as easy as i could for people to use

Just a quick note, as for the hero region its a option for players to see the unit as a demo, if someone doesnt like it, its easly removed and the nice thing about the dialogs is that i built them so the player just edits or adds in the info, they dont have to mess with the dialogs at all, i made a handy thing that you just change the

Set Charactername to Your hero name etc, in the first trigger and it does the rest for you :)

Double Edit: I forgot to mention i havent Added in a loading Code YET, i made it so that the option was there so it could easly be added for players

D

Deathell

How do I get the variables? (I'm sorry, I'm a noob at triggers :()

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Two ways, one is easy the other is educational:
1, the easy way: In the main editor window, select preferences in the File Menu. Tag the option name: "Automatically create unkown varaibles when pasting trigger".

2, the educational way: In the trigger editor of BlackNerubias map, press crtl.b. This is the variable editor, and now simply copy paste these variables to your own maps variable editor.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Idea is 10/10, but the aesthetics aren't as good. I realize you can only do so much with dialogs, so maybe you should make a multiboard menu (travel through a list of people with arrow keys and stuff). That would be neat :) Also multiboards enable the possibility of having the hero icons, and better centered text, overall they are a lot better.

Tonks

Reaction score
Now, when you click 'Load Existing Character,' does it load a character based on your account name? Or do you have to enter a code? (I don't have time to check it out.)

1)ark_Knight

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The system is a fantastic idea and with some work I think I will use this in my RPG im working on. I've wanted a new way to load/pick heroes, something that helps make it unique and look better. +rep, the text, like what everyone else says, needs some work, but with the text better and a load system added to it, it is something that would be very useful. Good job :) . Did you come up with this by yourself?

EDIT:

How do get this system into my map? There is no download link or attachment or anything. How did you guys get it?

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
System reminds me of one Magos made a while back. His system allowed players to use the arrow keys to move from hero to hero.

BlackNerubia

Reaction score
>Did you come up with this by yourself?
Yes i did, i was actualy planning to use it for a Rpg of my own, but as usual my projects all fall apart lol, im not great at finishing a rpg i start but i end up creating one strange system or another, i know that if i got all the systems together id praticly make 1.

>The text, like what everyone else says, needs some work
yeah, ive been working on a smart trigger to autoformat the strings so they line up on their own but i cant seem to get it right.

>There was a link when I got it, lol.
Oh Yeah, sorry about the link i did a few minor changes and uploaded a little cleaner setup on the first trigger

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8232&d=1172370593
Link Updated to Submit Location, as well as info on how to edit it in the Submissions Thread

>System reminds me of one Magos made a while back. His system allowed players to use the arrow keys to move from hero to hero.
I thought about the Arrows, but i thought it would be a better idea to use Hotkeys and allow players to use the arrows if they wish for a movement system instead

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.