Charge Trigger Not Working

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I made this trigger for a charge spell, it's supposed to stop the caster when he gets to the target, but it doesn't stop him, nor does it do damage.

Code:
Charge
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Charge (Defender)
    Actions
        Wait 0.10 seconds
        Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 25.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 32, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Region centered at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) with size (100.00, 100.00)) contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - ((Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 5.00))
                        Skip remaining actions
                    Else - Actions
                        Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 25.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)

So, the problem must be in this line:
Code:
If - Conditions
                        ((Region centered at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) with size (100.00, 100.00)) contains (Triggering unit)) Equal to True
It must be calling that false all 32 times, but I see no problems with it..

If anyone can spot it, that would be great =)

Knights:cool:

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Don't use "Begins casting", use "Starts the effect of".
And, instead of creating regions all over the place, check the distance between their positions.

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I've made the changes, but the damage and stopping is still not applied, so the check of whether the caster is 150 units away from the target still calls false.

Code:
Charge
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Charge (Defender)
    Actions
        Wait 0.10 seconds
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 32, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) and (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))) Less than or equal to 150.00
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Set life of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Life of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - ((Real((Strength of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 5.00))
                        Skip remaining actions
                    Else - Actions
                        Wait 0.02 seconds

Find the problem now? ):

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
ahm, correct me if im wrong but doesnt a wait render event responses useless? ive heard people say it before but ive never tried it for myself. try setting triggering unit and target unit as unit variables before ur first wait, then swapping (triggering unit) for <variable assigned to triggering unit> and (target unit) with <variable assigned to target unit> i.e.

Code:
Set ChargeUnit = Triggering Unit
Set ChargeTarg = Target Unit of ability being cast
Wait 0.01 seconds
--Do remainder of your actions--

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
I think Ive heard what Flare is talking about thats probly it, the code looks solid except a few things.

Leaks - Offsets leak twice, set 2 points then do
Code:
call RemoveLocation (udg_YOUR_VARIABLE_NAME)
And im pretty sure that if you set the life of the unit, instead of making the the actual hero damage him, he will die and no gold credit . ( Just like for example a unholy aura that gives -life regen wont give gold on the killing blow.)

You probaly want Unit - Damage target dealing (Strength of (casting unit ) X 5 ) something like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.