Checking if a unit changes targets

tachiKC

Reaction score
I think that the best way to describe this is how in World of Warcraft, the Rogue has Combo Points that get reset if he changes targets.

I'm having trouble trying to figure out if there is a way to set a target unit, and then the game checking to see if the attacking unit changes targets (and is not interrupted by him casting a spell on that same target).

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
MPI version:

Trigger:
  • trigger1
    • events
      • unit - unit is attacked
    • conditions
    • actions
      • if triggering unit not equal to Target[player number of owner of attacking unit]
        • then
          • <reset your combo points or whatever>
      • set Target[player number of owner of attacking unit] = triggering unit

thedancinzer

Reaction score
I am assuming this is somewhat difficult because WoWArena doesn't do this. But when the unit does a move that generates combo points, could you store the name of that unit, and check against that name to see if it has changed targets? Remember in world of warcraft, one can auto attack annother mob, but one can't use skills that generate combo points on annother mob without losing the original combo points, hope this helps!

Lightstalker

Reaction score
Have an if/then/else:

If attacked unit not equal to Combo_Unit[Custom Value of Attacking Unit], then set Combo_Count[Custom Value of Attacking Unit] = 0

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.