US News Cheerleader hunts, kills giant alligator

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A teenage cheerleader has made headlines in the US after slaying a 160kg alligator with a crossbow.

Cammie Colin was out hunting the giant reptiles with a group of family and friends in a South Carolina swamp when she spotted the 3m long beast.

The group used a fishing rod to lure the alligator close to the boat, while Cammie shot it with a crossbow.

She then helped tape the alligator's mouth shut before taking it back to land.

More about it here.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
Bah, ranged weapons are for cowards. When she does it with a dagger, then it will be something to brag about:p

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Bah, ranged weapons are for cowards. When she does it with a dagger, then it will be something to brag about:p

Hey man, she taped the mouth shut herself. That alone is pretty scary to do, even after maiming it.

CysticCraze

Reaction score
I really wish it was as impressive as it sounds, but I live in florida and we catch gators in the canal out back all the time while fishing. You get a four footer and you pick it up and toss it back in. Contrary to the common idea that gators are man eating beasts is attrocious, they just wanna swim and not be pissed off by swimers. However I agree, if she had done it with a machete id be impressed. Killing an animal at point blank range with a crossbow, so, so skillful?

I also wanna add that shes gonna pay a huuuuge fine, it isnt aligator season if Im correct, and shes going to have a hard time keeping it put of the courts with all this publicity.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yes, behold, Samuel88 and CysticCraze, the best alligator hunters in the world. They have hunted all, from tiny, micrometic alligators to fifty-feet ones.

o.o

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
Hey man, she taped the mouth shut herself. That alone is pretty scary to do, even after maiming it.

No she didnt, she "helped" :p. (Which means she did basically nothing).

Must have been a realllllly slow news day.. they were pretty desperate

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Why did it have to be a .au website? Took forever to load. Lol.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score

160kg alligator is nothing compared to the alligators I used to hunt as a kid in Guerrero, and yes all I had was a dagger made out of a piece of metal and tape,and we had to jump into the lake to get them with a group of 4 or so.

+Bragging Rights?

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
Now I might not know much about hunting / whatever but how did this make it on the news? Is 160kg big for an alligator? You can get 100kg+ boars over here, but I dunno ? Surely it can't be that important?

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
While you guys are all going on about the alligator (two l's?), the thing that catches me is the "cheerleader" part of the headline. I mean, who cares if she's a cheerleader?

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I mean, who cares if she's a cheerleader?

It has certain connotations. Rather than addressing the person by name, journalist use titles that readers associate certain feelings with: a doctor, a lawyer, a mother, a grandmother, a rocket scientist, a quarterback, a cheerleader etc.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
No she didnt, she "helped" :p. (Which means she did basically nothing).

Must have been a realllllly slow news day.. they were pretty desperate

I remember when I was like ten and I 'helped' my dad build a cabinet. I handed him a hammer a few times.

I mean, who cares if she's a cheerleader?

Feminists?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.