Cleave ability [Hard]

Ulla_t

Reaction score
I have a alot of problems making this skill.
Based on thunderclap, a spell were you cannot choose a target, but have to face the target(s) that you wanna hit in a 90* angel. Please help, with this Diffecult cleave ability.

Here is my spell ideér;
Cleave Ability (Not active).jpg

Imp Midna

Reaction score
Not a single clue how you would do that using Thunderclap. I'd recommend triggering it.
-Use channel as a base ability
-Asuming a circle with the radius r: pick every unit within r around the casting unit
-build a vector from the casting unit's position (the circle's center) in his facing direction
-now pick every unit and, for every picked unit,
--get its position
--bulid a vector from its position towards the position of the caster (aka the circle's center)
--get the angel between those 2 vectors
--if its between 0 amd 45, you can damage it

Ulla_t

Reaction score
But by removing the damage from thunderclap, it would be working just fine. Using it as a trigger starter.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Breath of Fire/Frost? Carrion Swarm? They are cone-shaped abilities. You can change the art and what not, give it a debuff, and then have a trigger that checks for that debuff and stun/slow the target for you and then remove that debuff.

MP®

Reaction score
@ Syndrome: but they have a point as a target, he wants no target.

So Imp Midna's suggestion will do the trick

dianamod27

Reaction score
But you could still base it on a spell with no target and have a dummy unit cast breath of fire or something.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
@MP
I meant to add that you had a Channel ability with no target that will trigger all of what I've said lol
The channel will trigger code that takes angle into account, point out a point some X distance in front of the unit, and then run the breath of Fire on a dummy unit to deal damage + place debuff, then you have a trigger that periodically checks for that specific debuff and then create dummy untis to stun those units while removing that debuff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.