College Courses

What is more better? I dont mind if take one of them

• Total voters

The-Shadows

Reaction score
Now ignore the poll.
So this is my newest problem.

I cant go for computer science because im not taking add math.
besides programming or somthing related to it, i also likes drawing.

so i think i want go for Art and Design(Graphic Design) as long as the course is using laptop/pc :)
what is my job opportunity if i get involved the course?
is it okay?

also, i have a question, how can i get involve on iPhone industry?(not related to Art&Design)
i heard that iPhone industry has a potential on future

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I think I recall you mentioning earlier that the only "programming" you have done this far is in the WE of wc3. I just thought that I would ask you if you have done anything in JASS then?

As I see it, you still have the time to try it out before school, and programming is not something to just say I want to do this, it's almost like learning a whole new language. Say you want to learn german, that would be almost just as hard to do. It's just my oppinion tho, not any hard facts, but perhaps you should try it out and see how it feels first?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Accounting has good future in terms of income. But the job is difficult and requires long working hours.

To study IT, you must have interest. Since you do have interest, it should be fine. Why not take it? IT can also have good pay.

Also, how do you do academically? Are you a bright student? Both accounting and IT are quite tough. But I'd say that accounting is easier (ACCA is though tough). IT is quite tough as well but not as hard if you have interest. From the way you speak, you seem like Chinese-ed. IT may need some proficiency in English. Accounting requires lesser (which explains why a lot of Chinese-ed people take this course).

Your heart seems going towards IT. Go ahead and do it. Do what you like and you may excel. Do what you don't like, and you may not even be happy even if you excel. Also, it's advisable to take courses from reputable colleges/uni. Going to cheap colleges bring you nowhere, at least in your country.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I wouldn't say Accounting is easier to do necessarily, but definitely easier to keep up to date with.

How old are you Shadow?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Shadows, do you have any other programming experience besides in WC3?
Vypur said it out well.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Varine

Reaction score
And I don't think GUI is programming....

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't exactly class JASS as a programming language, however it can teach basic structure, functions, returns etc.

Varine

Reaction score
I never learned JASS because I didn't see much use for it. It's only applicable to one game that's going to be outdated eventually and it doesn't derive from a more advanced one so it's not really like you know JASS so you can start C+ or something.

It's a programming language, just a really really basic and finite one. Just like DarkBASIC has a programming language, but your limited to what the original programmers designed.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Im currently studying in account that completely for business for this 2 years in high school(last year and this year) and this is my final year where next year i will going into college.

Im intrested in computer and I think I want to be a programmer.
But if i cont with my accounting, i wont wasting my this 2 years and accounting also have a bright future.

I want to know what course have in accouting that i can take?
or if combine both can be a internet marketing or so

I would say go for the computers. I'm imagining your could use it in more occupations then you could use accounting.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Knowing Accounting would sure help you get a job at Quickbooks. It will also help you if you write systems that do Accounting. However, Accountants more use Accounting software than writing it so unfortunately, if you want to get a job at Quickbooks, Great Plains or an Accounting software developing firm, or want to integrate systems to those, Go IT and accounting. If you want to be a programmer you just need the Basic Accounting and the Computer Science.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Go get a book on programming such as JAVA or C++ and try it.

Tha'ts what I did. I hated it. I can do GUI. I can do HTML. Actually languages are so boring.

So find out if you like something before going to school for it.

The-Shadows

Reaction score
Accounting has good future in terms of income. But the job is difficult and requires long working hours.

To study IT, you must have interest. Since you do have interest, it should be fine. Why not take it? IT can also have good pay.

Also, how do you do academically? Are you a bright student? Both accounting and IT are quite tough. But I'd say that accounting is easier (ACCA is though tough). IT is quite tough as well but not as hard if you have interest. From the way you speak, you seem like Chinese-ed. IT may need some proficiency in English. Accounting requires lesser (which explains why a lot of Chinese-ed people take this course).

Your heart seems going towards IT. Go ahead and do it. Do what you like and you may excel. Do what you don't like, and you may not even be happy even if you excel. Also, it's advisable to take courses from reputable colleges/uni. Going to cheap colleges bring you nowhere, at least in your country.

im fine with my academic
anyway im malay :)
yes it cant be denied that i like IT than others :eek:

I wouldn't say Accounting is easier to do necessarily, but definitely easier to keep up to date with.

How old are you Shadow?

17 :rolleyes:

Shadows, do you have any other programming experience besides in WC3?
Vypur said it out well.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

nope :(, is it not helping me soon?

Knowing Accounting would sure help you get a job at Quickbooks. It will also help you if you write systems that do Accounting. However, Accountants more use Accounting software than writing it so unfortunately, if you want to get a job at Quickbooks, Great Plains or an Accounting software developing firm, or want to integrate systems to those, Go IT and accounting. If you want to be a programmer you just need the Basic Accounting and the Computer Science.

thats perfect to me. asl long as i've an accounting exp. yeah Computer Science is what I aim for. I wish i had a good result this final exam.

thanks for informations, it very useful :thup:

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Seriously, now that I know you didn't take Additional Maths in high school, it's best to not go to IT. Unless you want to face tough road ahead. College maths is not too hard but it's hard if you don't have a basic knowledge. I've seen a lot struggled in maths during college years (even those with basic add maths background). Some even dropped their maths subject and proceed to others instead. Hence, wasting time and money.

The-Shadows

Reaction score
thats sad :eek:
yes i understand based on your own experience, thanks for sharing :)

I'm going to be honest with you the following jobs within IT are the probably the best Payments:

- IT Engineer
- Networking
- Graphics Designer
- Programmer

But for the above for any courses which evolves around this area's require at least 5 GCSE's ranging from A - C and sometimes you might be required to do "Double A Levels" just to do the right Qualification level just to get closer to the job your aiming for.
Then after you've obtained your Qualification within that course you will be half way there, because simply a company is looking for someone with both "Qualifications & Experience"

Or you can either do this way if you are unable to obtain the qualifications look for a company who will take you on as a "Trainee" work for them for over 6months for free and see what happens thats what i did, and i've just been offered 4 jobs by 4 different companys related to "IT Engineer" role, and all my Qualifications i have are just Maths, Science, English (Studied) and a CS2 Qualification. But i also have IT based Experience since i was 5 years old (from 1996 - Present Date)

So at the end of the day its how hard you are willing to work towards your goal.

thats from my sitemate,
what do you think about it?

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
If I were you I'd learn some basic programming ASAP before making this decision.
With programming you can actually check out what it is like without really missing anything (besides spare time).

Then you can decide if you like it or not.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> what do you think about it?

The second paragraph and the rest are about job seeking, not college seeking anymore. It's unrelated to your case. Trainee is a good way to gain experience and hence job opportunities. You're still a student... That road is still far away from you.

Let me ask you a question. If you fail your maths in college, would continue to re-take or would you give up? Either way, there are no good choices, either you waste time or waste money. So, you have no choice but to pass. But ask yourself. Can you pass? If your answer is confidently 'yes' then by all means go ahead. But before you answer, take a look at the course structure or a Add Maths textbook before you make a decision that may affect your career pathway.

Hope you're not offended with anything. I'm just being straightforward (not degrading you in any way possible).

The-Shadows

Reaction score
If I were you I'd learn some basic programming ASAP before making this decision.
With programming you can actually check out what it is like without really missing anything (besides spare time).

Then you can decide if you like it or not.

im stucked between this. i dont know yet either i can cont with my IT

> what do you think about it?

The second paragraph and the rest are about job seeking, not college seeking anymore. It's unrelated to your case. Trainee is a good way to gain experience and hence job opportunities. You're still a student... That road is still far away from you.

Let me ask you a question. If you fail your maths in college, would continue to re-take or would you give up? Either way, there are no good choices, either you waste time or waste money. So, you have no choice but to pass. But ask yourself. Can you pass? If your answer is confidently 'yes' then by all means go ahead. But before you answer, take a look at the course structure or a Add Maths textbook before you make a decision that may affect your career pathway.

Hope you're not offended with anything. I'm just being straightforward (not degrading you in any way possible).

i understand, to get ambition without ownself potential is impossible.
so you suggesting me to go back with accounting?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Err... I'm not in a position to give you suggestion. I just give you some advice base on my own experience, so you could make decision on your own. :)

It all depends on you... not others.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.