Complicated Hero Morph Spell

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Hello, I'm trying to make a hero that has no attack or anything, he can just morph to other things. So the first spell would morph him into an ice elemental hero, the second spell into a nature elemental hero, and so forth (four spells if that matters, each spell has 6 levels and the ultimate has 3).

Heres the thing though. I want each of these morph forms to have a duration like Metamorphosis, and each one to have completely unique spells. So when the hero morphs into his Ice form, he has lets say, Frost Bolt, Frost Armor, Breath of Frost, and like Death and Decay or something. When the timer runs out, he morphs back into the base form and has back his four morph spells. If he morphs into the nature form, he has Entangling Roots, Forces of Nature, Thorns Aura, and Tranquility (these are not actual spells but examples, in case the spells have importance of how this would be done).

Id also like each level of the morph form to change the level of the morphs spells. So when the hero first becomes that specific elemental, he can choose its spells. When he morphs to it later, those spells will still be learned, and he will have other skill points if his level has increased since then.

Another problem that might arise, if you have similar spells, they activate at the same time. So if you have Cluster Rockets, and your ultimate is Based off of Cluster Rockets, and you use your Ultimate, it uses Cluster Rockets also. Any way to avoid it if all 4 of these spells will be based off Metamorphosis or a similar spell?

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Hello, I'm trying to make a hero that has no attack or anything, he can just morph to other things. So the first spell would morph him into an ice elemental hero, the second spell into a nature elemental hero, and so forth (four spells if that matters, each spell has 6 levels and the ultimate has 3).

Heres the thing though. I want each of these morph forms to have a duration like Metamorphosis, and each one to have completely unique spells. So when the hero morphs into his Ice form, he has lets say, Frost Bolt, Frost Armor, Breath of Frost, and like Death and Decay or something. When the timer runs out, he morphs back into the base form and has back his four morph spells. If he morphs into the nature form, he has Entangling Roots, Forces of Nature, Thorns Aura, and Tranquility (these are not actual spells but examples, in case the spells have importance of how this would be done).

Id also like each level of the morph form to change the level of the morphs spells. So when the hero first becomes that specific elemental, he can choose its spells. When he morphs to it later, those spells will still be learned, and he will have other skill points if his level has increased since then.

Another problem that might arise, if you have similar spells, they activate at the same time. So if you have Cluster Rockets, and your ultimate is Based off of Cluster Rockets, and you use your Ultimate, it uses Cluster Rockets also. Any way to avoid it if all 4 of these spells will be based off Metamorphosis or a similar spell?

For the another problem you shuold use a base the ulti of something else, and order a dummy to cast it. Tho i might be mistaken, but i recall someone said that if you change the orderid of the spell , or something like that, your problem won't occur.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
I don't think theres a spell someone can cast on you that morphs you into something that work in the fashion needed.

What do you mean the order?

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
I don't think theres a spell someone can cast on you that morphs you into something that work in the fashion needed.

What do you mean the order?

Well no there isin't, but you were talking about cluster rockets, so that what was i talking about.

I can't remembe for sure, but in the ability your editing there shuold be a field orderid or something like that.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Text - Order String - Use/Turn On? -> that wont work.

ok sounds as you need 4 spells which transforms your unit:
-Metamorphosis -> Nightelven -> bonus hp
-Chemical Rage -> Neutral Hostile -> Attack/Movement speed bonus (%)
-Robo Goblin -> Neutral Hostile -> Strength Bonus / Defense Bonus
-Raven/Bear Form -> Nightelven -> No Boni

use 4 of those 5 spells for your units.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Isnt Bear Form and Robo Goblin permanent? Or will changing the duration fix that.

But how can I accomplish the rest of these spells?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score

Both alternate and normal forms MUST have the hero ability so that it won't bug or work weirdly. You have to disable and enable the hero abilities whenever the hero morphs or unmorphs.

Example:
Code:
Init
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player - Disable Blizzard for (Picked player)

Code:
Meta
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    Conditions
        (Issued order) Equal to (Order(metamorphosis))
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Normal Form
            Then - Actions
                Player - Enable Blizzard for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Alternate Form
            Then - Actions
                Player - Disable Blizzard for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
            Else - Actions

The above trigger enables and disables Blizzard accordingly. In Object Editor, both alternate and normal forms must have Blizzard. This way, you'll have the learned ability on alternate form and not normal form. And the skill points learned will still retain.

This will be very tedious if you have 4 morphing skills :p. And it's only MPI.

Edit:
You might face some problems when it comes to skill points though... Not sure...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Code:
Meta
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    Conditions
        (Issued order) Equal to (Order(metamorphosis))
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Normal Form
            Then - Actions
                Player - Enable Blizzard for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Alternate Form
            Then - Actions
                Player - Disable Blizzard for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
            Else - Actions

are you sure the event is right? i mean this trigger would fire when the unit recieves the order, but the actions got to run when the unit finishes morphing. like this:
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Morph
    Actions
        ...(As yours)

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
This will be very tedious if you have 4 morphing skills . And it's only MPI.

I know :(
Theres a problem though, cant a hero only have a maximum of 5 spells? he would need space for 20 spells if I'd just disable them. Hes basically morphing into a completely different hero each time, I don't know if it's too complicated to be done :(

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> are you sure the event is right?

Yeah. Very sure. :)

> a maximum of 5 spells

You're right :p. I forgot about that. And as edited above, you may have trouble when it comes to skill points. Not sure how to explain.

> it's too complicated to be done

Probably 'tedious' or 'impossible' are more suitable words :p.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
CURSES!!!

So should I just forget this awesome idea of a hero?

Cant I do something like, when the Unit casts a spell, it switches the triggering unit with the hero I want it to morph into, and change its level to be identical?

L

Lord_Addy

i think i got a good solution for you, you can a unit add spells by triggers and removing them, you can find it at unit - add ability and you can do anything like this:

JASS:
function Trig_morphing_Func001C takes nothing returns boolean
    if ( not ( GetSpellAbilityId() == 'AUan' ) ) then
        return false
    endif
    return true
endfunction

function Trig_morphing_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    if ( Trig_morphing_Func001C() ) then
        call UnitRemoveAbilityBJ( 'AHbn', GetTriggerUnit() )
        call UnitRemoveAbilityBJ( 'AOww', GetTriggerUnit() )
        call UnitAddAbilityBJ( 'AHfs', GetTriggerUnit() )
        call UnitAddAbilityBJ( 'AUfa', GetTriggerUnit() )
    else
    endif
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_morphing takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_morphing = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_morphing, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_morphing, function Trig_morphing_Actions )
endfunction

and add there variable storage systems which would save the ability levels and set them

EDIT: oh sorry i thout it will convert to text :-(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.